BURGER KING...is ok to eat this morning..

Options
Ok...sooo i was craving BK....I had a crosswich with bacon cheese and eggs....i dont eat it everyday....but what a treat....but the calories was 340....anybody think it was wrong to eat this morning

Replies

• secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    DON'T EAT IT.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    For you to post you must be feeling guilty. Granted it wasnt the best choice but it is about making lifestyle changes that you can live with. Everyone has to treat themselves now and again. Just try to gradually improve your diet. One fast food meal wont kill you
  • amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    No, it is not wrong - answered as I am eating the last bite of my chicken biscuit from McDonald's with 410 calories. Nothing is wrong in moderation or as an occasional treat. I do not eat chicken biscuits every day, but a couple of times a month, I just get the craving and I have to get it.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation. Enjoy :)
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I don't see a problem with it. I eat what I want - all in moderation. Deprivation = backlash (in my experience).

Of course, you will also get strong opinions in the opposite direction on this one. :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    A 340 calorie breakfast sounds fine - I wouldn't worry over it.

Yes it's probabaly high in fat, but no doubt it has a good bit of protein too. As a once on a while treat - why not?
  • shellyt1
    shellyt1 Posts: 119
    Options
    Eat it! You have the rest of the day to stay on track!
  • terri045
    terri045 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    As long as you count the calories and stay within your limits for the day what is wrong with treating yourself once in a while
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Ok...sooo i was craving BK....I had a crosswich with bacon cheese and eggs....i dont eat it everyday....but what a treat....but the calories was 340....anybody think it was wrong to eat this morning

Feeling guilty over what you eat is counterproductive. Did you enjoy it? Then it was not wrong to eat it.

340 calories for a breakfast that fills you up and keeps you satisfied for a few hours is perfectly reasonable.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm fast food breakfast, truly one of life's guilty pleasures. No one will ever convince me that eating the occasional Egg McMuffin, Crossan'wich, or Bacon Egg, and Cheese Bagel (Dunkin' Donuts Breakfast sandwiches are so, so good) is a bad thing. All food is fine in moderation. Eating it all day every day, not so good. Eating it a few times a week, not so bad. Balance.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Exactly, Moderation!

However, you culd have made your owns at home and it would have been alot better for you, and probably even tasted better! But sometimes, we just get those cravings! :)
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to lose weight and change the way you eat, and you come here for advice on whether or not to eat burger king for breakfast (regardless of how many calories it has)... My obvious answer as someone who wants to support your goals is to say "resist the temptation".
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Just drink a lot of water today...I'm sure that little bugger is loaded with sodium!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    If it fits in my calorie goal and I like it, I'll eat it! I had a Chick Fil A breakfast burrito this morning! And BK breakfast is one of my favorites, so I'll have that every now and again!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised it’s so low in cals, good for you!

I’m not going to give you the moderation speech, you know it, you aren’t 5.....
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I think in moderation. I had a bagel from tim hortons with strawberry cream cheese. Whatever, it fits into my calories. Enjoy it. Just don't make it a habit :)
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a bad idea, you better give it to me instead.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i budget for and eat fattening foods occasionally.

the key is keeping track of everything and budgeting for it.
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    just remember to work out or eat something EXTRA healthy later to balance it out!!

Don't feel guilty, food it meant to be enjoyed not to feel like a hang man noose around your neck.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I had a 1200 calories ginormous burger with guacamole on it yesterday. I do not feel guilty.

Don't feel bad. At least you kept it in your calorie goal :smile: