BURGER KING...is ok to eat this morning..

Options

Replies

• houstonian
    houstonian Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it, don't let it bother you at all.

What's more important is that you're paying attention to what you're eating and how much. You are so aware that you looked up how many calories the sandwich has, made a post over here, and you're probably thinking of ways to exercise it away tonight.

You are so different than a lot of folks who go to the drive-thru several times a week without a thought in their head what's going into their body.

You will be just fine. And soon you're going to learn that the occassional fast food sandwich doesn't derail your fitness plan one bit.

Keep up the hard work, you're doing great!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    so, now that you've eaten it, you're asking permission?
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Ok...sooo i was craving BK....I had a crosswich with bacon cheese and eggs....i dont eat it everyday....but what a treat....but the calories was 340....anybody think it was wrong to eat this morning

It is entirely and utterly up to you.

Personally, I don't touch any takeaway burgers anymore, they are too full of carbs and make me crave more.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    "I don't eat it every day" is an example of excuses people make when they don't lose weight. I noticed your ticker hasn't moved... I'm sorry to see that... But making choices like not eating BK for breakfast is what's going to help you lose the weight you want. When you have started to see progress, then having a "treat" once in a while isn't such a bad thing. But figuring out how to balance occasional treats with better everyday eating is part of the process, and I don't think you should ignore it.
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    340 calories for breakfast is not really that bad. Enjoy it ... it does not sound like you're planning to do so every day!
  • TopazCarey
    TopazCarey Posts: 263
    Options
    Like everyone's been saying, moderation. I eat whatever I want as long as I fit it into my calorie budget. Haven't given up anything yet, just cut back. Enjoy it!
  • fattykenny
    Options
    as long as you had a diet coke with it then its fine :wink:
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Life is about moderation!

Don't let the guilt get you down. You enjoyed yourself this morning and now for the rest of the day you can stay focused and eat right. :)
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    "I don't eat croissan'wiches everyday... but when I do.... they have bacon and cheese."
  • tatya317
    tatya317 Posts: 74
    Options
    I'm not a very fast food breakfast,lunch or dinner type of girl ..however my weakness has always been GREAT REAL FOOD... like a big steak, or chinese buffet...hee heee.. I don't do this often... but maybe... if I can.. once a month. I treat myself to a cheating meal :) Not a cheating day but a cheating meal. So, it's ok :) but get right back in that gear...
  • TracyTucci
    Options
    If it fits in my calorie goal and I like it, I'll eat it! I had a Chick Fil A breakfast burrito this morning! And BK breakfast is one of my favorites, so I'll have that every now and again!
    [/quote

i agree if you stay within your calorie goal why not?! ]
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    The calories to saturated fats ratio in it is that bad thing about it.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    "I don't eat it every day" is an example of excuses people make when they don't lose weight. I noticed your ticker hasn't moved... I'm sorry to see that... But making choices like not eating BK for breakfast is what's going to help you lose the weight you want. When you have started to see progress, then having a "treat" once in a while isn't such a bad thing. But figuring out how to balance occasional treats with better everyday eating is part of the process, and I don't think you should ignore it.

I'm going out on a limb to say that a 340-calorie, protein-rich breakfast is probably not the reason her ticker hasn't moved.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Sounds tasty.
  • regina2063
    regina2063 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    as long as you had a diet coke with it then its fine :wink:

tooo funny....yes i had a diet coke....i did exercise this morning ...but this morning i couldnt resist...i know what i weigh...i dont really use the ticker and try to work out 3-4 times a week.....but that bk sandwich...was sooo good....it beat out my everyday oatmeal..ha ha
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    My daughter works at BK so I just found it hard to believe that sandwich was that low in calories, according to their website this is the stats on that: **Updated, originally included the hash brown

Calories
    Protein
    13g
    Carbohydrates
    25g
    Sugar
    4g
    Fat
    18g
    Saturated Fat
    8g
    Trans Fat
    0g
    Cholesterol
    165mg
    Sodium
    710mg
    Allergens: Wheat, Milk, Soy, Egg
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    As a Burger King employee, I see no problem here. As a health-minded individual, I also see no problem here.

Enjoy the foods you like, some of them in moderation. This is probably one of those best enjoyed in moderation.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Ok...sooo i was craving BK....I had a crosswich with bacon cheese and eggs....i dont eat it everyday....but what a treat....but the calories was 340....anybody think it was wrong to eat this morning

So unwrong that you can eat it tomorrow, too. Don't let the alarmists scare you off. Fit it in your daily goals. Eat. Enjoy. Lose.
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    If you want it, eat it!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    it's 340 calories..likely less than 20% of your daily calorie intake--ever heard of the 80/20 rule? 80% "good" foods (healthier items that include unprocessed foods/snacks, whole grains, fruits, vegetables, etc) and 20% discretionary.

I think it's a sustainable approach for ANYONE but especially for those in the beginning stages of their lifestyle change.