for people who weight train

Hi guys,

just wondering does anybody else give them selves a week off the weights every now and then or reduce the weights your lifting for a week? If so do you feel stronger when going back to your normal routine ?

Replies

• twet47
    twet47 Posts: 1
    I do cardio 5 to 6 times a week and weights 3 to 4.....If I dont do weights I do longer cardio......when I do weights i start the week with light to heavy weights 3 reps 20,15,10...then the next weight day I do heavy to light 3 reps 15,20,25....I want to build muscle to increase my metabolism, but I don't want to bulk up, I want to have lean muscle. I can say on the 2nd day I do feel stronger doing the heavy weights 1st.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Yes I take a week off every 6 weeks. Always come back stronger, refreshed and ready to hit it hard!
  • BreakingOath
    BreakingOath Posts: 193 Member
    Right now I just got off of a 4 day split doing 3x8 heavy weights. Every 4-5 weeks a change up my routine and this time I'm taking a week to use lighter weights more reps before I start my next routine. We will see if this week of lighter weights helps me at all in the next month or so.