Scale won't move!

Options
So I seem to be stuck in a rut. I've stayed at 180 for the last 3 weeks granted I've lost 10 pounds, I'm not too sure what I can do differently to get the scale moving again. My calorie allowance is only 1200 so I can't really cut back without putting my body into starvation mode. I've been doin lap swim for 30-45min 3-4 times a week and going to a spin (cycling) class which is about 60min at least once a week. I've read the different threads about eating your exercise calories, the days I swim I'll eat the calorie but the spin class burns 800+ so I'll usually just eat 300 of them. Just curious if this happened to any of you and what worked for you guys??

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Try mixing it up- adding weight lifting will really help push you. Don't worry, you're a woman so you won't bulk up or anything.

If you can't eat back all 800 calories with real food, then try using energy suppliments on your spinning days. There are tons available from powders to jelly beans. Who doesn't like jelly beans? :happy:
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    a 1200 calorie goal for 180 lbs doesn't sound right to me, but there are a lot more smarter people on this forum who can help you here.

Edit: P.S. Did you make your diary public so people can go in and inspect? Sometimes, when the experienced ones here are being generous with their time, they will go into your food/exercise/settings to see what's happening. If they can do that, they can quickly spot problems. Just make your setting "public" as many of us do. And the reverse also happens, you can go and look at other people's food/exercise/setting choices. Mine is public for example.
  • chuseman
    chuseman Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My goal is 140 at losing 1.5 lbs a week I started at 190 and I have desk job.
  • 11kimberly11
    11kimberly11 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    have you been taking measurement? You may be losing inches and building a little muscle tone which is a GOOD thing! Scales can be deceiving and frustrating but we love them so when they are showing a loss:love: Measurement and how you ( and your jeans) feel if key!
  • debb1985
    debb1985 Posts: 19
    Options
    I was on 1200 cals for a while and I was at 155lbs......I lost ten lbs and then the scale stopped moving. I read a bunch of posts looking for info and decided I wasn't eating enough for my new weight and small amount of lbs left to lose. I bumped my cals up to 1500 a day and still exercise and eat those cals. I lost 4 lbs. in two weeks and I feel a lot better. Maybe you can bump up your calories....maybe you are not eating enough and your body thinks it is in starvation mode? Just and idea....it has been working for me :) Good Luck!
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Try mixing it up- adding weight lifting will really help push you. Don't worry, you're a woman so you won't bulk up or anything.

If you can't eat back all 800 calories with real food, then try using energy suppliments on your spinning days. There are tons available from powders to jelly beans. Who doesn't like jelly beans? :happy:

ME