Anyone in the military? Or is a veteran?

Options

Replies

• arvadavis
    arvadavis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was in the Army first and then joined the Coast Guard and now I have retired. :happy: :happy:
  • HeathersHealthyJourney
    Options
    ARMY 6 yrs!!!!!
  • Cortbear80
    Options
    US ARMY Vet. Six years of service. :) Now I'm an Army Wife.
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    USAF Veteran here! Eight years service and I still miss it!
  • AbbysMonkeyMama
    Options
    Husband and I are both Army vets!
  • Bucifan202
    Options
    US ARMY Vet 11yrs
  • WanderingMe
    WanderingMe Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Proud AF wife here! Feel free to add me if youre lookin for friends!
  • csparon
    csparon Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I am going to Navy Recruit Training Command on July 10, 2012. So I am a future sailor :)
  • crystallayne
    crystallayne Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Army veteran!
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    USMC vet...
  • tinyjourney
    tinyjourney Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    USAF vet, 4+ years active duty, recently separated and still dealing with some BS. I'm also married to military.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    So I guess wives/husbands of those in the military count as veterans now??? Hmm....learn something new everyday.

Can't speak for anyone else, but a resounding NO!
    I'm a retired Army wife, but I didn't serve.
    I DO want to thank all who did!
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    So I guess wives/husbands of those in the military count as veterans now??? Hmm....learn something new everyday.

Marine Corps veteran...Semper Fi!

Bawhahahah!! We would have spouses come into the finance office and complain about their pay. You give them the WTF look and they say, well my husbands pay. Ummm.. err.. ok then.

BTW Haven't you seen the bumper stickers "Army Wife - The hardest job in the Army."
    Before the spouses bash me, I was a Marine wife before I went Active Duty Army. I have been there. I just didn't act like I was owed anything for being a spouse.
  • csparon
    csparon Posts: 200 Member
    Options

Marine Corps veteran...Semper Fi!

Bawhahahah!! We would have spouses come into the finance office and complain about their pay. You give them the WTF look and they say, well my husbands pay. Ummm.. err.. ok then.

BTW Haven't you seen the bumper stickers "Army Wife - The hardest job in the Army."
    Before the spouses bash me, I was a Marine wife before I went Active Duty Army. I have been there. I just didn't act like I was owed anything for being a spouse.

Kind of agree, there's nothing wrong with being proud but arrogance is annoying. I am going to be a Navy Spouse and Active Duty. My fiance is going to be MA and once I am through RTC I am going in for CTR.
  • nettg40
    nettg40 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU All for your SERVICE to our Country!!
  • albatrix
    albatrix Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm trying to enlist in the Air Force but I need to loose 10 pounds before going to MEPS.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Injury discharged US Army soldier

Dropped 65lbs to join and then messed up my leg in the middle of training. took a few years to be able to walk again. got my paperwork worked out to re enlist and broke my tailbone. :grumble:

thank you everyone for your service. I still have friends in my old unit and miss the camaraderie
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    @LisaCFSF, thanks. I read your profile, sorry to hear about your shoulder. I've dislocated both shoulders, my left after a bad mountain bike crash which also broke my clavical, and my right, I've dislocated dozens of times since 1992 in a surfing mishap. Get into spin class or something in a group that is exciting and motivating. I do as much as I can with my shoulders the way they are, just dislocated my right again Sunday after a bike race, fatigued muscles after that ride allowed it to pop out reaching for something in my back seat. Sucks, but life goes on a recovery at a time. Good luck.

Thanks, I appreciate it! I CrossFit as my group activity. I defy odds and am back up to deadlifting 95# up to 45 reps; can hang briefly- full body wt from the bar, but no kipping or pull ups anytime soon; I do push ups off a ball, and inclined ring pull ups, reverse pushups, rowing, Turkish get ups with light weights, and 25#-45# overhead presses, 75# bench presses; everything else pretty much to RX. I've got a long way to go to get back to where I want to be and I realize it will never be the same; but I refuse to give in! I also bike, hunt, swim, shoot, fish, will water ski again this Summer, etc and plan on doing hand stands again someday! I'm sorry that you dislocate your shoulder often and recently sustained an injury. I'm hyper-mobile and frequently dislocate or sublax multiple joints, it's just the way I'm made-way too flexible. Good & bad, I generally don't have to ever worry about breaking anything! Lol!

Didn't mean to get off the subject of this thread! Take care and I hope you recover soon!
  • ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    US Navy!!!
  • Deltafliers
    Deltafliers Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Military Spouse about to earn her spurs!!!