Diet pills? Vitamins? Supplements? HELP.

Options
Hello! I have a question for all you MFP users out there. Are you losing weight strictly by healthy eating habits and exercise? Or do you have some help with vitamins, diet pills, metabolism boosters and so on. If you could let me know how you feel about these it would be much appreciated. Thank you :)

Replies

• mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    For me it is just healthy eating, but my husband's cousin is using HCG and said she has lost 21 lbs in 18 days
  • vidoardes
    vidoardes Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I would look at it more of a lifestyle change than a diet, because a diet is temporary. If you do regular exercise and eat well, there is no reason for that ever to stop. My view of any kind of supplement is that is must be a temporary measure, where as good eating and exercise can become a permanent fixture in your life.

Loosing large amounts of weight quickly is not healthy in any way, and will likely re-appear just as quickly
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    There are only two things I take. A one a day vitamin and some fish oil. Diet pills don't work and can cause a lot of side affects. Just eat healthy (healthy =/= low calories). The best thing really is work on building muscle. That has improved my health more than any food or vitamin.
  • kyt1206
    kyt1206 Posts: 101
    Options
    I see a lot of patients come in and out of the clinic I volunteer at - I'm a soon to be med student. What I have observed is this: stick with diet and exercise, take a multivitamin if you feel like you're not eating a *variety* of foods, hit the aspirin or other mild pain killer if you really have bad joints, then go back to sticking to diet and exercise.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I am not just losing weight but I am improving my over all health and looking younger than I am by having a nutritionally sound diet and exercise program.

If we do not make a change to our lives and habits, we will return to them and end up gaining the weight back, then going on a diet again, which actually damages our organs in the long run. Diet pills, they are dangerous, period.
  • cat_1977
    cat_1977 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I try to take fish oils but that's all. That reminds me - i forgot today...