New to MFP and wanting some friends over 50!

Options
I have been here for about a month and have lost and regained - really struggling and I'm thinking that some accountability to someone else may help. Also would like to know what's working for others my age. I'll be 51 next month - gasp!!!
Let me know if you'd like to be friends smile:

Replies

• leeverson
    leeverson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I’m not quite 50 yet but approaching, and have been struggling to lose even 10 lbs. I love carbs but just started a low carb meal plan- will keep you posted.
  • donna9089
    donna9089 Posts: 87
    Options
    I have been on here since Jan and only lost 7 lbs but I just keep plugging along. I am 53 and stuck! I am with leeverson about the Carb thing. Good luck. Feel free to friend me if you like. My diary is open.
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I'm in this category! Try searching the groups, where you'll find many of us.
  • Lorione111
    Lorione111 Posts: 129
    Options
    I'm 50 and will be 51 in October. Have joined MFP a couple of weeks ago and loving the accountability. I joined a group called Mile Challenge and did over 50 miles of activity last week alone. Accountability is the key. My husband and I are doing this together.
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    55 here.... been with mfp for over a year, had a break over christmas and still trying to shift what i gained back... always nice to have a new friend
  • jcrowfoot
    jcrowfoot Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I turn 50 real soon...in June, and yes it sure is a struggle. I too have started a low carb plan which has started to get that scale moving some in the right direction. I eat right and exercise most days, even a couple workouts a day often (spinning in the a.m., 20 min Firm workouts at lunch x 3 days per week, plus walking at night). Tracking on MFP does help keep me accountable.
  • rhogro
    rhogro Posts: 12
    Options
    I feel your pain. I'll be 51 in August and I've always maintained my weight until about a year ago. I also had bunyon surgery 2 weeks ago and haven't been able to exercise before the surgery and another 12 weeks after. I look at myself in the mirror and ask how did I let myself get this way? I know part of it is that I'm not motivitated and exercising like I used to, part of it is pre-menopause, diet and lack of willpower.

I could use a friend as well.
  • barb_136
    barb_136 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am 52, have always done the yo-yo thing. Been on MFP for 1 month, really gotten serious the past 2 weeks. Boy do I feel the difference. Eating more veggies and fruit,(fresh, water). Eating less meat, which I have found I feel lighter Since the weather has gotten much warmer in GA I walk, actually making it a part of my daily activity. I feel good about this. I noticed you have lost quite a bit of weight, so you are on your way. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!
  • terwhitcomb
    terwhitcomb Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Good idea - thanks for the tip! :)
  • nellybutler
    Options
    hi,i'm nelly, i am a good bit older than you 67 sh. but i would love to be your friend. I am reasonably new to Fitness Pal but i am finding it really helpful and have lost 6lbs which would'nt have happened if i'd been on my own. So good luck and keep trying.
  • gsrader
    gsrader Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhat older....will be 60 this year. I've been overweight so much of my life, and I want to get rid of it! I want to do so many things that I can't now. I just started this yesterday, so we'll see what happens. I'm aiming for the low carb - high protein. That seems to fit my lifestyle better. Look forward to meeting people and seeing what we can do!
  • ariannasgrandma
    Options
    I am in the late part of 40's in my life and really would like more friends here on My Fitness Pal. I know I can not do this on my own and being a people pleaser all of my life, I would'nt let my friends down. Weight loss sucks! and Exercise sucks even more when you have arthritis, but I am going to do it! Let's become fabulous 50's :drinker:
  • paw247Pat
    paw247Pat Posts: 30
    Options
    you can friend me if you like! 61 years young, ya right!!! Been here with MFP for 11 days and counting.
  • nana6380__Chris
    nana6380__Chris Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am happy to have you as a friend, I have only been doing MFP since March 18th. I need all the friends and support I can get, even though I am only 47.