Hanging skin ?

Options
McMeggers
McMeggers Posts: 22 Member
ok i have about 90 pounds to lose ive already lost 9 pounds and im so scared im going to have all this loose skin haning everywhere, im only 25 and im trying to do it the healthy way so maybe losing it slower makes it so youre skin has time to strech back? i dont know but has anyone who has lost alot of weight had this problem?

Replies

• McMeggers
    Options
    awesome thank you!
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    thats why its important to lose slowly and do weight training then your skin has time to catch up.
    if you lose 100lbs in a few months like they do on tv you will always be a mess lol

lots of water and moisturiser too keep your skin hydrated :-)
  • McMeggers
    Options
    thats what i was thinking, youre awesome emma
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have lost 152 pounds and the worst bits are inside of the top of the thighs and the arms. The thighs have only appeared wrinkled in the last couple of weeks. The arms have got better over time so I make sure I keep hydrated to help it tighten. The younger the better too.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 90 too and I've lost more than 65 so far and I don't have hanging skin AT ALL. I can tell that the skin on my tummy is looser than I'd like but no where close to hangy. I think once I get to my goal, I'll have a little loose skin on my belly but nothing major, and I'm guessing that it will firm up within about a year of maintaining. hopefully! :D Good luck :)
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I worry about this too but these are things I've learned and read about, drink lots of water, taking good care of skin(moisturizing), fish oil probably wouldn't hurt(it helps keep skin moist), and dry skin brushing(google it) along with strength/lifting.
  • amympolk
    amympolk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There is a dietary supplement called Trimbolic that a friend of mine uses, she's lost 130+ lbs and has no saggy skin - it has f Butcher’s Broom, Horse Chestnut and Gotu Kola which all support connective tissue integrity. http://goo.gl/aVqBB
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!