Energry Drinks & Weight Loss

Options
2»

Replies

• Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    If fake sugar is not appropriate for a pregnant woman how is it okay for the rest of us?

Energy drinks were debated on one of the SiriusXM shows I listen to. They are dangerous for some people. Some people end up having heart issues, get dizzy, and recently a young child died after drinking them.

You want that in your body?

Go right ahead!

Here's how I keep my energy up! I eat every 2-3 hours (thank you, Jillian Michaels and Trainer Bob). I also work a desk job so walking during lunch or running errands gives me a much needed mental break.
  • Escarda
    Escarda Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I like to have either "lo carb" monster... (45 calories per can, low carb, sugar free).
    Relentless "libertus".. (20 calories per can, sugar free).
    Or sugar free red bull or kick / kX.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I gave them up. Don't want kidney stones

Good call
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I drink a pink rockstar everyday.... I work 6 days a week at a desk job and I definitely need my caffeine!!!! It's only 10 calories and tastes fruity.
  • loragp
    loragp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I also use AdvoCare Spark (as well as many of the other products they have to offer) and it really does work. I drink it on my way to work in the morning and I'm good to go....minus the crash and burn I used to get from most other energy drinks. I've tried to be a hot tea and coffee drinker but half way through the cup I get tired of it and it ends up sitting and getting cold.

Spark comes in several flavors (my daughter and I are crushing on Mango Strawberry right now) so you won't get bored. It's sugar-free, contains 21 vitamins, nutrients and minerals with only 45 calories (so it won't break your calorie bank).

In your case, to help you get through the afternoon slump, you can drink it just before lunch and it'll give you the boost you need minus the jitters. www.advocare.com/10041203

Good luck! :happy:
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I have actually been using FRS when I can get to a Publix, GNC, or Walgreen's that has them. Very low caffeine, and is all natural. No sugar added to them so is great for weight loss, low calorie (90 calorie max for 12 oz) as well.
  • Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am totally addicted to diet red bull!
    Gives me energy, good mood, kills my appetite for an hour, and allows me to exercise better.
    I drink a small can every day on the way to the gym, and on sundays, midmorning.
    But dont drink it in the evening, may interfere with sleep.
  • krystle_swope
    Options
    I've been taking 5 hour energy on and off for a year or so and it hasn't affected my weight loss. zero sugar and 5 calories and it does the job!
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I love the monster rehab tea!!! Yummy yummy!
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    ENERGY DRINKS=EVIL.... my very fit 19 year old cousin's heart went crazy after drinking an energy drink. He thought he was having a heart attack. started having an arrhythmia was on a heart monitor for several weeks Went to a cardiologist... his heart was enlarged and beatbeatbeat 1/2beat no beat beatbeatbeat
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    ENERGY DRINKS=EVIL.... my very fit 19 year old cousin's heart went crazy after drinking an energy drink. He thought he was having a heart attack. started having an arrhythmia was on a heart monitor for several weeks Went to a cardiologist... his heart was enlarged and beatbeatbeat 1/2beat no beat beatbeatbeat

Wow that's really scary. I hope he's okay now.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I've been taking 5 hour energy on and off for a year or so and it hasn't affected my weight loss. zero sugar and 5 calories and it does the job!

Thanks! I have one of those and I as thinking about starting to use those once in while when needed. Good to know you've used them and haven't had any weight issues because of it.
  • rswood62
    rswood62 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    what kind of green tea do you drink - hot - cold and what brand? I want to start drinking more green tea but wasn't sure what the best kind is.
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options

Wow that's really scary. I hope he's okay now.

yah we are glad he was home with his room mate (he said his chest hurt soo bad and then his head and he sound like some dumped copper bb's on a hard floor in his years and he nearly passed out) and not up on a tower .. He is in a wind energy school and spends much of his day up on a HUGE wind turbine. he seems to be fine now.