how much water should i drink to cancel out ....

Options
1,224 extra grams of sodium? Or is it even possible?
I ask as the Husband and myself are going to Red Lobster for our anniversary tonight. This is a 13 yr tradition for us and I am really looking forward to my snow crab legs and other stuff I normally eat on anniversary night.
Or should I just count this as my "spike day" for this week and just log it and dont worry about it?
Thanks for any input. And haters please dont bother making nasty comments. Im just looking for some input not a lecture.

Replies

• jesseylou22
    Options
    To my knowledge you can't cancel out sodium. You may be more thirsty than normal due to the high salt intake. I would say just count it as a spike day and go on as normal. Drink what your body wants, but at least try to get your regular water intake as always! You deserve a special day with no worries on your Anniversary! Have a good one!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Just drink as much water as you can stand to help flush it through. Otherwise, it's your anniversary! Celebrate!
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Drink as much as you can! Any little bit of extra helps.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you're good throughout the day than splurge a bit tonight for your annivarsary! It only happens once a year so as long as tonight doesn't lead to bad food choices tomorrow enjoy yourself! Log it, count it as a spike day or cheat day and celebrate!

Have fuN!!!!
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Have fun tonight! Can I ask what does counting it as a spike day mean? Thanks.
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Sodium also comes out in sweat with exercise.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    There's no way for us to know that. Just drink an extra glass or two of water if you want.
  • ladywolfkahn
    Options
    Sodium also comes out in sweat with exercise.

Not sure about anyone else but a spike day is when I go a bit over on my daily limits, I try to limit to once a week and not go over by much

Thank you everone for input. I already logged what I am going to have this evening and just kinda freaked when I seen sodium levels lol..ouch. Ive already drank my reccomended water intake today and plan on more before dinner and after. Going to try to get in at very least some treadmill tonight after get back (hubby just filled my mp3 player with some songs for me so I wont get bored-dogs may wail once I break out into song but thats another story) haha
    Thank you once again for input :happy:
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary! Don't sweat the extra sodium that comes with this celebration.

On second thought, do sweat the extra sodium by adding some "exercise," if you know what I mean. :wink:
  • ladywolfkahn
    Options
    Happy Anniversary! Don't sweat the extra sodium that comes with this celebration.

On second thought, do sweat the extra sodium by adding some "exercise," if you know what I mean. :wink:
    uhuh, I see you have been talking to my husband...He had same idea. sheesh lol
  • boinkers
    boinkers Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't know about drinking water, but it would be a good idea to try and match your extra sodium with extra potassium for the day.

Happy Anniversary!
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    The fact that you are even thinking about how to counter-act your anniversary meal indicates that you are working hard and are very dedicated, so that's awesome.
    Happy Anniversary! That definitely counts as a special occasion not worth stressing about food wise.
  • fitnhealthykaren
    Options
    Happy Anniversary, and enjoy!! We, too, have an anniversary tomorrow, and we are going out to enjoy lobster WITH butter! yummmm. Just do some extra exercise :love:
  • ladywolfkahn
    Options
    Happy Anniversary, and enjoy!! We, too, have an anniversary tomorrow, and we are going out to enjoy lobster WITH butter! yummmm. Just do some extra exercise :love:
    Happy Anniversary to you also :-)
    Husband is having the lobster....makes me ill when I eat it even though I love the taste. No other seafood bothers me thank goodness.

Potasium huh? Hmmm look out nanners here I come.