Help and support greatly needed

Options
This is my first time at a proper diet so I'm deffinatley going to need some help. Would be glad of any advice, support or even just friends along this journey!
I've grown up not really caring about the way I look, however I've now got to a point in my life in which I'm not happy when I look in the mirror. I can't wear the clothes my friends wear, and I always wear a hoodie even on holiday in Hawaii.

Replies

• spapsidero
    Options
    Oh girl! U can wear whatever u want! U just know how to dress ur body! I am a "big girl" and I have never let it hold me back from dressing like I like! Message me and I can give u some tips.
  • saintsfanatik
    saintsfanatik Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Just wanted to let you know that you can totally do this! You have a lot of people here doing different eating and exercise plans that have a lot of knowledge--feel free to ask as many questions as you need to get help. There are NO "stupid" questions--just the one you don't ask!
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    This is my first time at a proper diet so I'm deffinatley going to need some help. Would be glad of any advice, support or even just friends along this journey!
    I've grown up not really caring about the way I look, however I've now got to a point in my life in which I'm not happy when I look in the mirror. I can't wear the clothes my friends wear, and I always wear a hoodie even on holiday in Hawaii.

You can do this. Many of us were there also. Back in November, I hated looking in the mirror, wouldn't get caught in a picture if I could help it and wore shirts in the swimming pool. You need to get on a good workout routine, you will reach a point (took me a month or so) were it no longer feels like a choir. You start seeing results on the scale, in the mirror and in clothing size. You then feel like going to the health club or whatever your exercise it. It becomes contagious!!!
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    Hello everyone this is my third day on MFP and I am reading all the post and they are very interesting this is the largest I have been and it makes me feel so uncomfortable. I have been working out for the last couple of weeks. I feel better but now changes so far in my weight and after I finishing working out I get so hungry that I start keeping the things I should not any suggest on things I could eat after my workout?