Just hanging out here, trying to be awesome... :)

Options
I swear I'm not a model :)

My name's Meg, looking to say hello and meet some other people who are either in the same boat or who would like to support me while I paddle away. I have some major weight loss to undertake. Right now I am looking to lose about 180 lbs, although my immediate goal is to get down to under 300 lbs.

I live in Texas, I'm a writer, and I try my hardest to be awesome whenever possible. Sometimes I manage it :)

It's nice to meet you all (y'all, if I'm being extra Texan-y).

Replies

• ashjdavis88
    ashjdavis88 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I seriously love your positive attitude!! You'll do great! It's pretty crazy once you start tracking what you eat to see what's actually going into your body. You start to think "wow, do I really need that regular pop?!" (we say pop in the north, haha!) Not too sure what your goals are but at first people have a tenancy to stick their calorie intake really low and it doesn't help at all. Just makes you hungry & grumpy! I would follow what myfitnesspal recommends and you should still feel good! :) If you have any questions or need some support let me know! I did keto for around 8 months, but the last 4 or so have done regular calorie counting. To be honest, BOTH work. Keto just tends to make it a bit easier. (It wasn't very good for me mentally though, I became obsessed and scared of carbs) I have been so much happier calorie counting. I've lost 93lbs total and am in a bit of a plateau right now. =/ Trying not to be discouraged though. Have to take it one day at a time!! My diary log is open so you can go back about a year if you wanted to see what I (or other people on myfitnesspal) have eaten! :smile:
  • dimplez711
    Options
    Welcome Meg! It's refreshing to see people with a positive outlook in this online community. :)

Feel free to add me if you'd like. :blushing:
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am also a Texan and would love for you to add me as a friend if you like.
  • mollyquewl
    Options
    Please feel free to add me! I log in pretty much every day to hold myself accountable but also to offer support and positive words for my fellow MFPs.
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    hi, you are awesome dont forget that ..feel free to add me i need encouragement as well.
  • kimberlyrshan
    kimberlyrshan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Still looking for friends myself...will accept anyone with a positive attitude and a kind ear! :0)
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    If you can take it....I will give it! Friend me if you like :smile:
  • sunshynrn
    sunshynrn Posts: 10
    Options
    I am still fairly new here myself, also looking for positive people to share with and support. I also have a long way left to paddle, but I have started my journey and am sticking to it. Each ounce lost is just one more gone!! I log in everyday so that I have that actual visual in front of me as to what is going in my body, so I know if I am staying on course. Feel free to add me. I will gladly paddle with you!