Recommendations

Options
doorki
doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
While this all may change after I win Mega Millions tonight, I need to ask. I want to take my wife to the Bahamas for our anniversary this summer without the kids. Anybody have some good recommendations for places to stay for a weekend where children are not welcome? I don't want to travel to a place without our kids to hangout with other people's kids. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• doorki
    Options
    bump?
  • doorki
    Options
    bump?
  • Redapplecandie
    Redapplecandie Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'd contact a travel agent
  • doorki
    Options

Travel agents are great but they can't give me experience.
  • lad323
    lad323 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    There are some resorts on cable (sp?) near Nassau. They are very nice and not many if any children. Stay away from Atalantis which has tons of families. I've only been there on cruises but here is a list from the cruise critic web site. Hope it helps and enjoy.

Beaches
    Best Beach for Active Types: Visit Paradise Island, where you can find all manner of water-sports rentals and eateries. Some say the most beautiful spot there is Cabbage Beach, on the north shore. Another good choice is Cable Beach, with all the usual beach amenities and dazzling beachfront resorts along baby-powder-soft sand. For great snorkeling, try Love Beach near Gambier Village, about 12 miles west of downtown Nassau.

Secluded Beach: South Ocean Beach, close to Adelaide Village, is where it's at if you want an option that's a bit less-visited. Caves Beach in Rock Point (close to the airport turnoff on Blake Road) is another good out-of-the-way choice.
  • Redapplecandie
    Redapplecandie Posts: 171 Member
    Options

Travel agents are great but they can't give me experience.

Not true. My cousin is a travel agent, and she has gone to many places to "test them out" and get first hand experience of that location for the clients. You just have to shop around for the right agent.