43 lbs lighter and smaller than ever!

Options
adswillis27
adswillis27 Posts: 76 Member
I have lost weight many times, but once the 'diet' stopped and the lack of motivation kicked in I eventually gained the weight back and more. Dec 2010 I had watched an informercial (TurboFire) many times and finally decided to buy! Wasn't to excited about the price of the videos (at the time) so decided to order something more basic (Turbo Jam) since I wasn't sure how long this motivation would last.

Well let me tell you the motivation is here to stay! I did a round of Turbo Jam followed by Turbo Fire (my favorite). Then came ChaLEAN Extreme and my own hybrid of ChaLEAN and Turbo. I'm currently in my first round of Les Mills PUMP and LOVE it! I quickly became a huge Beachbody fan and just love the programs, support, schedules, etc that come with the packages.

I truly believe that you have to find an exercise program that works for you. Walking, running, aerobics, weight lifting, etc. Just experiment until you find what works. I also threw out all the diets and nothing is off limits but everything is in moderation. Who knew that sometimes you have to eat more to weight less (all my previous success/failures were for low calorie diets and restrictions). Wow, talk about being educated. I have read so much over the past year to help me better understand nutrition, exercise and how the body works.

I've lost 43.4 lbs and 36 inches.

Here is my breakdown of what I lost:

6" off waist
7.25" off hips
4" chest (too bad)
3" both arms
6.25" right thigh
6.5" left thigh

Replies

• mandypooh2103
    mandypooh2103 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I love to eat and I definitely agree that you should not deny yourself just do everything in moderation!
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! and great advice for people. Find what works for you and your body :)
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    good for you! I bought les mills PUMP from beachbody but havent started yet. I will start it once i complete jillians body revolution. You said you were on the first phase of PUMP, how do you like it so far? can you start seeing results as far as toning up goes?
  • adswillis27
    Options
    good for you! I bought les mills PUMP from beachbody but havent started yet. I will start it once i complete jillians body revolution. You said you were on the first phase of PUMP, how do you like it so far? can you start seeing results as far as toning up goes?

To be honest, my nutrition wasn't where it needed to be when I started PUMP. I am pretty much at my goal weight and want to tone up. Today is day 52 and I have been focused more on the food side for the past 2.5 weeks. I got a fitbit and am able to track things better to ensure I get the right about of calories. Before I was estimating which was working but I am ready to define things now. I don't get enough protein right now which is key for strength training and adding muscle.

With all that said, I am noticing tone in my upper abs (NEVER seen that before) and my hips and thighs are finally getting smaller (last place to lose). If I can keep my nutrition ratios at the right amount I know I will do amazing during this program. I also plan to create my own hybrid with PUMP, ChaLEAN and Turbo Fire once I finish the 90 days of PUMP and the 30 day ultimate crossing training hybrid with the longer PUMP workouts and the extra cardio DVDs.
  • jhop4
    jhop4 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! thats fantastic. I agree that once you have found an excerise you enjoy you will stick at it x keep up the good work
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job! Congrats & keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    great story!!! :) Isn't Chalene the one who does Piloxing program? Has anyone tried it? I have wanted to for a while- but there are only a couple classes here & doesn't work for my schedule
  • adswillis27
    Options
    great story!!! :) Isn't Chalene the one who does Piloxing program? Has anyone tried it? I have wanted to for a while- but there are only a couple classes here & doesn't work for my schedule

Thanks!

Chalene does Turbo Kick, Hustle and PLYO all of which are classes taught in gyms. A lot of her classes incorpoate kickboxing moves, but I'm not sure about Piloxing . Haven't heard of that. Off to check that out.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!