Zumba question....

Options
How do keep the stupid belt from moving up off your hips and spinning around at your waist. It's driving me crazy!!!

Replies

• Hj723
    Hj723 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    So no one has this problem? What am I doing wrong then?
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    we dont wear any kind of belt in our zumba class....what belt are you referring to?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    I do it without belts....you must mean the Wii version?
  • Jazzyjules71
    Jazzyjules71 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    No belts in my classes either, sorry I can't help you!
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    (Zumba Wii Belt) I haven't been able to figure that out either, I just keep adjusting it.....
  • BlondeToast
    Options
    If you mean Wii Zumba... I put mine in my pocket OR since I got my HRM I don't bother with the remote and belt at all.
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    try a live class! :) No belts required
  • Mama_Chau
    Options
    I do Wii Zumba, and it is hard. I put it on as tight as I can on my hips and keep adjusting every break. One time the remote flew all the way out!
    It is fun though, I am not sure if I have the confidence to do a "Class" with other people yet.
  • mgero212
    mgero212 Posts: 96
    Options
    I do the same I just put it in my pocket because the belt is annoying.
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    I was wondering what the BELT was...lol! I was wondering about the Wii Zumba! :)

I do a LIVE class as well and believe me, it is nothing to be embarrassed about. In a class, there is always someone worse then you! :) GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I use my belt during Wii Zumba. I just put it on super tight. At first, I was putting it around my waist, super tight, so it would not slip. Mine doesn't spin at all anymore?!?! BUT - it doesn't pick up all my movements either. I get a bit discouraged with the whole Wii Zumba belt/sensor and because Zumba in class is so much more fun!
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I promise you a live Zumba class is nothing like a regular fitness class- the energy is so supportive- no one is watching you- their eyes are on the instructor. I know this, I am a Zumba instructor- and I am a plus size still- size 18, have about 80 lbs more to lose-that is my goal- so if I can teach a group of 50-100 people - I promise you can do this. And the connections you make in classes really help keep you motivated too.