water...

Options

Replies

• darcie81
    darcie81 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yeah try mio! no calories, no sugar,no fat, no sodium unless you use the enegry ones, no carbs!!!! the stuff is awesome!!!!!!
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    lemon is good, Mio is good and WalMart offers carbonated, flavored waters that are REALLY good (to me at least). They have zero everything but put you in the mind of soda...just better. And they're really cheap. $0.68 for a 32oz. :drinker:
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Work up a sweat for about an hour and you will no longer hate water. In the meantime... herbal tea, diet drinks, coffee, lemon juice, etc. All good. Mint tea is yummy.
  • ccnjc4e
    ccnjc4e Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I add mio if I am tired of drining just plain ol water sometimes. I also use the crystal light packages. If does add a little calories, like 20. which isn't a whole lot and worth it to me:)
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I like to cut slices of lime/lemon or even orange and put it in my water. A really good hot water drink is a slice of lemon, a slice of orange, and a dash of cinnamon. I learned that trick when I did the Daniel Fast last year. :)
  • etnavy
    etnavy Posts: 2
    Options
    Any grocery store should have either the Lipton or Crystal Lite packets, which themselves contain the applicable calorie/carb/sugar counts. Also, the Mio liquid flavor ones are very good, and do not take much to help change your water into a flavorful drink. Best of luck!!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Your stomach has stomach acids. Adding something acidic to the water helps it break through the surface tension of those digestive juices.

And, while pure H2O might not have a taste, the only place pure H2O exists is in a lab. The stuff coming out of your tap (or a bottle or a filter) has other chemicals in it and those do have a taste. Personally I hate that taste in most places I've lived so I often add something to the water to (a) help it go down better and (b) disguise the taste of whatever additional chemicals are in the water.
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    My water here is safe but tastes AWFUL! I have to put MIO in and I LOVE IT!!!!
  • dirtchick97
    Options
    I put just a few drops of lemon juice in mine! It's just like going somewhere and ordering water with lemon!
  • moodyfeesh14
    moodyfeesh14 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    There is this water flavoring agent called MIO and it is in wal mart and other big stores, it is a zero calorie water flavoring agent and it is in the mfp database as well
  • dorkof82
    dorkof82 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    i add the "singles to go" or "crystal lite" to my water, you can get them at any grocery store, or 99 cent store. one packet per 24 ounces of water, that way it taste great. i ende up with 16-18 glasses (8oz) of water a day
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    You can use fresh fruit to flavor your water as well.

You can also use Crystal Light. They are made to be added to water. ;)

Tea is also another option if you enjoy it. Green Tea especially is a great health benefit, plus, you get the water intake.
  • Mustaine4Pres
    Options
    me too! I am now able to down all 8 glasses a day. I don't like plain water either.
  • Mustaine4Pres
    Options
    sorry...this was in response to using "Mio"
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    People frown on it, but do what is best for YOU. I always add flavors to my water (because I also hate plain water except when I am working out). I even count my diet caffeine free diet soda (shhhh - don't tell, lol).

I am like you - I can't just drink water, so I compromise and add a little flavoring. Oh, and the Mio Green Thunder is AMAZING!!! Just for a suggestion.
  • viper_7
    viper_7 Posts: 14
    Options
    How can you hate the taste? Water has no taste; but aye it's naturally bland to the blandness extreme!
  • uhh_lee_sha
    Options
    Not sure if someone has already said this - but I used to not like the taste of water either... however I cut up lemons and put them in the bottled water, I usually squeeze them out and then put the cut up slice (I put 2 slices in per bottle) and I also add some lime to it as well. I read somewhere that lemon and lime together with water is not only healthy BUT it helps keep your teeth clean/breathe fresh - not sure how true the last part is BUT it is pretty tasty. All the drink mixes contain apartame (I probably did not spell that right) and it is not good for you - it actually is pretty bad once you drink enough it can get into your blood stream and can cause a lot of problems. Hope this helps. :o)
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    It takes roughly six weeks to change a habit.

I expect if you drink one glass of plain water every single day you will grow to just accept it. Water has no real taste. Keep pushing because if you can drink water over anything else you'll save an awful lot of calories!

I'm gonna have to disagree about the taste thing. Tap water has distinctive tastes depending on where you are. For instance the tap water where I currently live has a strange chemical taste to it. When I was younger and went on a week long trip to a college campus in Mississippi (couldn't tell you the exact town/city, I was 11 or so at the time) the adults with us made us drink water and the water from the fountain drink machine, which is usually tap, tasted like rubber in regards to how it smells. Even bottled water can have certain tastes, it's why I stuck to tea for years.

The only water I've found completely tasteless is filtered water. Now I drink bottled water but I make sure it's the types I can't really taste or I don't care what the slight, barest hint of a taste is in it. To me, additives like Mio or Crystal Light make the water useless because of the amount of sugar/sweetener it adds. It doesn't hydrate, it makes you more thirsty so you're consuming more water, more additive, and spending more money replenishing what's making you thirsty. Plus to me it just makes me more aware that I'm drinking something and need to have x amount of if to reach my expected goal. Plain water you can guzzle mindlessly especially working out.
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    :blushing: I'm so glad you posted this- I too was thinking "squash, really? what am I missing here??" but didn't want to ask and look ignorant!
  • PattyCake123
    PattyCake123 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I like to add things to my water like lemon juice or wedges, lime juice/wedges, cucumber slices, in the summer watermelon cubes and orange slices.