Philly People Thread

Options

Replies

• SnowWhite824
    Options
    Ooh, I'm going to Reading Terminal Market in a few weeks - What should I look for??! Went to the Flying Monkey Bakery last time, and really liked their stuff. What else??

I'm from Jersey, so no Philly words for ya! :embarassed:

YOU must get a philly cheesteak with exta whiz !!!! Or a pretzel at the redlights, the dirt on the vendors hands make them soooo tasty !

Had a cheesesteak last time... Wasn't impressed! I'm looking for something a little less... icky....
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I'm going to Reading Terminal Market in a few weeks - What should I look for??! Went to the Flying Monkey Bakery last time, and really liked their stuff. What else??

If you're form South Jersey you speak the exact same way as a Philly person.
  • russeljames
    russeljames Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    its teemin out (hard rain)

Where are the scunions (lil green onions aka scallions)

Goin to Wawas for coffe (why are you pluralizing wawa? Are you going to two?)

Oh and make the sign of the cross and say "its a sin" when you hear something sad...
  • wittyusername
    Options
    Ha! I honestly clicked on this thread coz I thought it was asking for people who loved Philly soft cheese!!! hahaha!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I need:

steak for cheese steaks
    white American cheese for those as well
    and, of course, rolls

pork roll

soft pretzels

TastyKakes, specifically butterscotch Krimpets, TandyKakes & chocolate Juniors

Who's going to send me my care package??? :bigsmile:
  • phillieschic
    Options
    I haven't missed an opening day in Philly in 20+ years. I'll be there on Monday the 9th...let's go Phillies!!!

You can take the girl out of south Philly, but....well, you know the rest! :wink:
  • phillieschic
    Options
    Pork roll...yum!

I can't get pork roll, TastyKakes or decent rolls out here :sad: :sad: :sad:

OH HOW I LOVE PORK ROLL...with cheese and mustard fried ...YES YES YES ! I can ship you some.... scrapple..well since they make it here in Delaware I get it often !! YUMM

Alrighty...we're close...I'm in Newark! Five minutes from UD campus (my alma mater)!
  • bugsymalone521
    Options

If you're going to RTM, look for Dinics Roast Pork. Just get your workout in before.
  • dmcw19
    dmcw19 Posts: 129
    Options
    I think it is funny that we say "jaeet yet?" instead of "did you eat yet?"
  • phillieschic
    Options
    If you're going to RTM, look for Dinics Roast Pork. Just get your workout in before.

LOL...Reading Terminal Market...home of the Amish cannoli! :tongue:

LOVE it!
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Anyone from Montgomery County remember The Mart in Montgomeryville by the mall?

I live in Montgomery County and I remember the Mart! Now we go to the Q-Mart. LOL
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    WaWa...or being able to buy soft pretzels from a quasi homeless dude on the corner
  • Ddubs22
    Ddubs22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yo ! I remember the Mart!

How about LYberry for Library?!
    Yesstaday - as in Do you know where I was yessaday?
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options
    Anyone from Montgomery County remember The Mart in Montgomeryville by the mall?

I live in Montgomery County and I remember the Mart! Now we go to the Q-Mart. LOL

We used to get the bet soft pretzels & cinnamon buns from the Mart...and I've heard tales of the Q-Mart, LOL!!!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options
    You know what no one else has mentioned either? Tomato pie from the Conshohocken Bakery...
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Pork roll...yum!

I can't get pork roll, TastyKakes or decent rolls out here :sad: :sad: :sad:

OH HOW I LOVE PORK ROLL...with cheese and mustard fried ...YES YES YES ! I can ship you some.... scrapple..well since they make it here in Delaware I get it often !! YUMM

Alrighty...we're close...I'm in Newark! Five minutes from UD campus (my alma mater)!

newark...damn you are like 20 mins from me Im in Middletown
  • Tall_E
    Tall_E Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hoagies, steak sandwiches with grilled onions and cherry peppers, water ice, fantastic soft pretzels sold on the street and eaten with mustard (in spite of all the fakes everywhere else), Tastykakes, fit-ty cent ( fifty cents), youse guys, waffle ice cream sandwiches, Schuylkill River (try spelling and pronouncing THAT if you're not from Philly), hot dogs with mustard and sweet relish, crab or fish cake sandwiches, shopping on Ninth St, school field trips to see the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall... Ahhhh, Philly!

Now I also live in the South which is a whole 'nother world - without snow! But, if you can afford it, there are many places online where you can order your favorite Philly foods and have them shipped to you.
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    3 pages and no one said this...

youse guys for You guys...

did i miss someone saying Yo!

Zink for sink -- that is real old school philly
  • fmf525
    fmf525 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I always wondered where those vendors washed their hands...but those pretzels were so damn good!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    i say yo all the time & get funny looks. haha