What should I believe? pedometer, MFP, or HRM?

Options
2»

Replies

• shastar
    shastar Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wear the HRM strap to bed and look at it in the morning before you get up.

15% of Americans have thyroid problems and many do not know they have it. Doctors do not check it during annual physicals. It is a different blood test. I think it should be tested since many of the 15% population do not know they have it!
  • 1HappyRosie
    1HappyRosie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    HRM, with chest strap
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    HRM if given those choices...but if you are on a high-quality cardio machine and you enter your weight, go by the machine as the HRM is only an estimate and can vary considerably depending on your fitness level.
  • ambitious01
    ambitious01 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    HRM. It's actually the only one that knows how hard we work.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    as long as the HRM has a chest strap, I would go with that, make sure all your info is put in correctly though, height, weight, resting hr, age, etc...

This. Chest strap and accurate stats are key with a HRM.
  • shastar
    shastar Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Since you have the same HRM and strap...I too wonder about how shows half the calories burned to other devices. I have wondered if it was from under active thyroid or if it is the HRM itself. I am considering purchase of new HRM with strap to compare. That's why I would like to know what is recommended for HRM strap that you can program resting heart rate, age, weight and height.

What HRM with strap works with those features?
  • Judgirl83
    Judgirl83 Posts: 12
    Options
    I have a very high heart rate (in the 90s to low 100s resting) so I can't use HRM unless it lets you put in the resting heart rate. Since I don't have one of those yet I just use the MFP. I mostly log my activity on Fitocracy though, not MFP.