Whole body vibration

Options
Does anyone have any thoughts on whole body vibration therapy? Have you tried it? Did it work? I would love to hear your stories as I'm thinking of opening a studio. Thanks!!

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Vibration has long been used in rehab & physio therapy but I have a hard time swallowing the claims made by the manufacturers of these systems. Most of the websites I've seen are long on anecdotes (and paid celebrity endorsements) and short on scientific evidence that they are of any benefit.
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    this made me think of the old school "weight belts" where you put the strap behind your butt, turn the machine on, and let the machine jiggle you
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I use it for physical therapy 3-5 times a week. It's good for that, but it's definitely a scam when people claim it aides in muscle building and/or weightloss.
  • katkat1717
    katkat1717 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    this made me think of the old school "weight belts" where you put the strap behind your butt, turn the machine on, and let the machine jiggle you

Sometimes i wish weight loss was that easy... then, i think no way, i've learned so much about how to be healthy, i wouldn't go for some easy way out... :)
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    I just saw one of these places downtown. I'm very skeptical! :indifferent:
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I don't see the point. Vibrating 1 square inch is sufficient to achieve positive results.

Also, it doesn't work or you'd never see fat guys running jackhammers.
  • Hawksbillus
    Hawksbillus Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I think it's awesome if you subtract the vibrating part and add in strength training.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I don't see the point. Vibrating 1 square inch is sufficient to achieve positive results.

I respectfully disagree. I have seen fantastic results from vibrating one square inch.

..and what do fat guys and jackhammers have to do with this?
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

Best reply ever!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I respectfully disagree. I have seen fantastic results from vibrating one square inch.

What else are you doing? Maybe eating better and exercising more?
  • spynoodle
    Options

LOL ~ it is TOTALLY sufficient to achieve positive results!!
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options

Best reply ever!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What else are you doing? Maybe eating better and exercising more?

Oh, I was just watching.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    What is it supposed to do, get the air bubbles out of you?
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Makes your fat jiggle. Therefore disgusting you so much, that you head to the gym.
  • katkat1717
    katkat1717 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    hehehe taso.

SO true... justjoshin... *shudder*
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Was anyone else expecting some great tips on having a full body orgasm? What a let down.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Was anyone else expecting some great tips on having a full body orgasm? What a let down.
    Was gonna say that many women opt for this kind of 'therapy' much like we as men go HIIT right hand
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any thoughts on whole body vibration therapy? Have you tried it? Did it work? I would love to hear your stories as I'm thinking of opening a studio. Thanks!!

Errrrr.....isn't that the "release" one gets during Coitus?
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options

Meet me after class....

I have something to show you that is going to change your life :wink: :laugh:
  • spynoodle
    Options

Meet me after class....

I have something to show you that is going to change your life :wink: :laugh:

Hahahaa!!!!! Do tell!!!!