fluctuating weight

Options
I've been watching what I eat and exercising almost everyday for about three weeks. I only lost 2 pounds in that time. I weighed myself just this morning and put on a pound. Is that a normal thing? Could it just be water weight? Maybe something I ate was salty? Any advise or comments would be greatly appreciated. Has this happened to anyone?

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    So common it's painful :)

Unless you ate 3500 calories ON TOP OF your normal daily intake- then no, it's not fat. I call it ghost weight- it's hormones, or water, or swelling to repair a workout. It should go away.

Also- two pounds in three weeks is GOOD solid weight loss. Don't believe the BS the biggest loser and fad diets say- they gain that weight back because they didn't lose it slowly.
  • breakbad
    breakbad Posts: 13
    Options
    It depends how much weight you have to lose and what you are eating. Carbs and sugars will often cause you to gain weight. You need to take a look at what type of foods you are eating and how much.
  • Selma10001984
    Selma10001984 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh yourself too often! Try to measure yourself instead.

I used to work out constantly last summer, burning 700-1000 at each workout, yet nothing really happened scale-wise, but everybody (people I havent seen in a long time who didnt know that I was working out commented how much I shrunk at that time.

So get out your measuring device and start measuring especially when you plateau! ;)
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I've been juggling the same 2 pounds on and off for a month or so. I upped my calories and started strength training, and seem to be not gaining or losing, but my pants are a little looser!!! It happens. Drink lots and lots of water!
  • lcat2000
    lcat2000 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. It can get discouraging at times. I'm going to make sure I eat the correct amount of calories and not limit myself.