Defeated...

Options
2»

Replies

• focus_grasshopper
    Options
    I totally understand and it is probably water weight....so don't worry to much about it. Get a Tape Measure and Measure yourself every Two weeks ...

Keep up the good WORK and don't stress!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    um.. .you do know that your body fluctuates daily... I can go up as much as 5 pounds depending on what I ate, what I drank, how much I ate if I went to the bathroom, what time of the month it is, what time of the day it is etc. I wouldnt worry too much about a gain especially 2 pounds in a day. If you are going to weigh in daily learn your fluctuations, don't let them rule you.. your weight will never be a constant.. I know 2 people in maintinence right now and their weight shifts... its just a part of life and 2 weeks in and you are defeated.. what is going to happen in a year when it gets hard or when you hit a plateau or when you fall off the wagon?
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    My weight can fluctuate as many as 3-4 pounds in a day. Don't put too much into it. It's most likely water.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Weight can fluctuate. Water. The Moon. Sun spots. Monkeys. There's a million resons. Don't let it get you down. keep doing what you're doing if it has been working and it'll keep working. I go up and down all the time, but over time it averages out to just about exactly what my goals are. You're not defeated. You're just like the rest of us. So chin up and get back to it.
  • MrsTattie
    MrsTattie Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Just kick the scales around the bathroom for a wee while. Jump on and off as often as required. Wait a few mins then repeat the whole thing.....You can even log that exercise!! Seriously, bathroom scales are fickle. They seem to do alright for a while then go a bit nuts. I am taking my pic of the scales weekly and averaging about a pound each week...after moving the scales if I don't like what I see!!
    Try to ignore the blips....focus on an event in the summer...a few months away and think how wonderful you are going to look. Good luck!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    So I've been working about and watching my calories for about two weeks now. Up until yesterday I had lost 5 pounds then all of a sudden today it says I gained two pounds in less than 24 hours? How is that possible? My friend said its my body building muscle but I feel like I havent been doing it long enough to be at that point yet. Any input?

Weight fluctuates. This is a long-term thing. You should not be looking for big changes in two weeks. Stick with it for a few months and don't sweat the gains!
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Don't feel defeated. Don't give up. Take one day at a time and do what you know is right! You can do it. Our bodies are a mystery to me. Eat correctly, work out, log your food. Try not to weigh every day (this coming from someone that weighs every day...). P.S. I gained 9 lbs in one day last week...not even close to a real gain. The next morning I was back down to normal. HANG IN THERE!
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    Hang in there.

The first few weeks, even the first month or two, can be hard. But the longer you stick with it, the easier it will become for you. You'll see the changes, it just may take a while. I can go a whole week without losing anything and then the following week I'll lose three pounds. You'll learn to celebrate the small victories, even the non-scale victories like being able to fit into those old jeans that were tight before or not feeling out of breath walking up the stairs. Just finishing each day on plan is a victory for me.
  • annabellio
    annabellio Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    right now it's right before TOM, I ate way over sodium sunday AND well you know, the TMI thing, and I gained 7 lbs OVERNIGHT... I've been doing this awhile and I STILL get frustrated when that happens but I know that that is IMPOSSIBLE ( 7 real lbs) and INEVITABLE ( 5-7 lbs of water) with the preceding three elements factored in.
    This morning I was down four lbs. OVERNIGHT. Please don't feel defeated. Keep at it. Really. you'll be fine.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    give it time. You didn't gain the weight overnight and you won't lose it overnight!