Polar FT4 or FT7?

Options
What is the difference between the two and how do I know which one is right for me? Also, feel free to leave your reviews. I have never had a HRM before, but I would like my calorie burns to be as accurate as possible. Thanks for any help!

Replies

• shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I bought the FT4 because all I really wanted it for was to see work many calories I burn while working out. For me it works perfectly. I didnt want to spend more money on the higher models.
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Is the only difference between the two, that the FT7 shows what "zone" you are in? I found them online and there is only a $10 difference, but the FT4 comes in pink, SUPER CUTE LOL!!
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I just purchased the Ft4 and got the pink one, it is super cute. But most importantly I only wanted it for the calories burned, and used it yesterday and LOVE it!
    So I'm partial to saying get the FT4!
  • medlicott68
    Options
    I've got the FT7 and love it. I think the FT7 stores more data/workout sessions on it than the FT4, but basically they will both do the same job.
  • kpittman0612
    Options
    I got the pink FT4 and LOVE it! It's not only cute but it works great and it makes me want to work that much harder just to see how many more calories I can burn!
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mustanggirl_2011
    mustanggirl_2011 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 and love it but I to only use if for the calories burned and hr part. I never look at the stored data.
  • mmklinemm
    mmklinemm Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking this! I was just getting ready to post a similar question.

Can anyone tell me if either have a stopwatch/lap time function? It doesn't say so in any of the descriptions I've found online. I'm interested in calories burned, but also knowing my pace when running.

Thanks!
  • AmyW4225
    Options

Can anyone tell me if either have a stopwatch/lap time function? It doesn't say so in any of the descriptions I've found online. I'm interested in calories burned, but also knowing my pace when running.

Thanks!

That's a good question! I hadn't thought about that.
  • AmyW4225
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses! You guys are AWESOME!! :happy:
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I had to look at mine (FT4) I dont think it has a stopwatch feature, that would have been nice. I still like it. Also maybe I just cant find it.
  • AmyW4225
    Options
    There was another thread asking which is better, a HRM or Fitbit. A couple people gave a website, bodytronics.com. This is where they have been found the cheapest, just $62!!
  • mmklinemm
    Options
    There was another thread asking which is better, a HRM or Fitbit. A couple people gave a website, bodytronics.com. This is where they have been found the cheapest, just $62!!
    Thanks! That's even a little cheaper than Amazon, still with free shipping. I considered the Fitbit, but it's not for me. It's not important to me how many steps I take each day or how I sleep at night.
  • AmyW4225
    Options
    No problem! I thought I found a steal at $73, but $62 is much better, WAHOO!! They are around $100 in stores.
  • mmklinemm
    Options

Thanks!

That's a good question! I hadn't thought about that.
    I got my FT4 last week, and I love it! It does record duration of training, so with that I can calculate my pace during runs.