Ever have one of those days?

This is my first day back to the office since last Thursday. It's amazing how many things, despite returing e-mails and phone calls, crop up while you're away from work. I feel a bit like a dog doing the hinder grinder across the carpet.

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups sound really good right now.

How do you fight the 'I'm underwater!' cravings?

Replies

• myak623
    myak623 Posts: 615 Member
    I keep Zen tea on hand. It seems to help me.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Depends. Some days I give in and work on fitting it in to my calories. Other days I try and find a reasonable substitute like something from the sweet freedom or weight watchers ice cream section.
  • Best thing for me on "one of those days" is coffee and a power walk...
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 720 Member
    I make a nice big mug of mint green tea. :) You can get through it!
  • whallvr
    whallvr Posts: 153 Member
    I drink water, or try to fit it into my calories. Sometimes a light frappachino does wonders!
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    yes, I try my best to power through and maybe if I can't stand it anymore eat a reese mini or other bite size bit of chocolately heaven. I refer to those days as "I have the hamster on the wheel syndrome!"
  • mbishop71
    mbishop71 Posts: 8 Member
    Believe it or not...I don't have the help me cravings. If I am over-run at work, then the projects take all my energy and attention and I don't even THINK about eating/snacking.

It's the dull n boring days that get me every time....I drink water instead of heading for the candy jar in reception ;)
  • jfl613
    jfl613 Posts: 71
    This is my first day back to the office since last Thursday. It's amazing how many things, despite returing e-mails and phone calls, crop up while you're away from work. I feel a bit like a dog doing the hinder grinder across the carpet.

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups sound really good right now.

How do you fight the 'I'm underwater!' cravings?

Not sure if this helps you but I keep a few Hershey's Mineatures (or something similar) in my work desk drawer. When I am feeling like I need that piece of indulgence, I grab one and add it to my snack tally. Other times a piece of SF gum and a walk to "walk it off" helps. Either way, you will be fine. This too shall pass. :-)
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    if you have a refrigerator at work freeze some grapes and eat them or just the grapes :)