Naturopaths

Options
Here goes! Without mentioning any particular names of fad diets, I have a friend who has chosen to do a rather nasty starvation diet along with certain drops. I am sure you all know which diet I am referring to! My big problem with this is that she had gone to her family Dr. and was told that the injections for this diet were illegal in Canada and he completely refused to prescribe them to her. She decided to see a naturopath who without hesitation prescribed 3 rounds of injections. How in the world is that legal? A family Dr. refuses but pay a naturopath hundreds of dollars and without any questions you get prescribed an illegal substance!!! This has certainly changed my views on Naturopath Doctors here in Canada!

Replies

• sharnie_0077
    Options
    That is TERRIBLE!!!!! i would report him immediatley for that! some people have no shame!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    You should not use the word doctor in the same sentence as naturopath, They are not recognized in most provinces as medical practitioners - how can you get to be a "doctor" with a 4 year undergraduate degree and no internship requirement?????

My view of naturopaths went from bad to worse when one here in Ottawa charged a client of mine thousands of dollars to treat his dying wife with treatments that have been proven to be of no benefit whatsoever.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    You should not use the word doctor in the same sentence as naturopath, They are not recognized in most provinces as medical practitioners - how can you get to be a "doctor" with a 4 year undergraduate degree and no internship requirement?????

My view of naturopaths went from bad to worse when one here in Ottawa charged a client of mine thousands of dollars to treat his dying wife with treatments that have been proven to be of no benefit whatsoever.

I agree! I wouldn't call a naturopath a Doctor... but that's just me. Even natural things are harmful for people.

I'm still not sure how they gave the injections. If Doctors can't get them naturopaths shouldn't be able to either.
  • rodmanswife
    Options

I agree! I wouldn't call a naturopath a Doctor... but that's just me. Even natural things are harmful for people.

I'm still not sure how they gave the injections. If Doctors can't get them naturopaths shouldn't be able to either.

I am absolutely disgusted! Not to mention my friend has a heart condition! This Naturopath prescribed the injections to her via prescription and she is having it filled at a pharmacy where she knows the pharmacist. I don't think these injections are going to full fill her weight loss goals long term but I guess when you are losing a pound a day who cares right? UGH!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

uh oh, I know a certain someone that will take great offense to this
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    You should report him to the authorities immediately. You should be able to do this anonymously as well if you need to.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options

I am absolutely disgusted! Not to mention my friend has a heart condition! This Naturopath prescribed the injections to her via prescription and she is having it filled at a pharmacy where she knows the pharmacist. I don't think these injections are going to full fill her weight loss goals long term but I guess when you are losing a pound a day who cares right? UGH!

If the injection is illegal, the pharmacist cannot physically supply it. Where would he order it from to stock it in their pharmacy? They'd lose their license quickly.

Also, you can't fix stupid.