Hard to eat 1700 cals!!

Options
Argent78
Argent78 Posts: 151 Member
Im supposed to eat at least 1700 cals, according to my BMR and my activity rate... but most of the days I eat healthy I can't get pass 1400-1500 cals... is that gonna be a problem to loose weight?
I'm stuck in 139, doing strength training and cardios, and my weight does no move!
I read lots of posts explaining how eating more helps you loose weight... so is eating below 1700 my problem??

Replies

• sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck at my current weight also and I had a week where I ate more and the scale moved down for me. So it does make a difference, I find I have to plan my meals in order to eat close to 1800. Plus I spread them out like every 2 to 3 hours. I'm still struggling.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Plan your meals better, and eat higher calorie foods. I have no problem eating 2,000+ calories of healthy, yummy food.
  • EbbySoo
    EbbySoo Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food on a food scale? If your not hungry at 1400-1500 calories and not losing weight, there could be a good chance your taking in way more than you think and actually taking in a surplus.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Just eat calorie dense foods. If you need to eat 1700 and you're eating 1500 you may stall in your weight loss, and you may not. Eventually you will because as you lose weight your body burns less.

If you are having trouble eating 1700, have some ice cream or something.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Im supposed to eat at least 1700 cals, according to my BMR and my activity rate... but most of the days I eat healthy I can't get pass 1400-1500 cals... is that gonna be a problem to loose weight?
    I'm stuck in 139, doing strength training and cardios, and my weight does no move!
    I read lots of posts explaining how eating more helps you loose weight... so is eating below 1700 my problem??

Do you mean 1700 NET calories, or 1700 flat? I can understand if you're having trouble eating 1700 NET calories if you're a very active person. If that's the situation then you should plan your food throughout the day to be sure you're eating enough. It takes a little forethough to get enough when you're needing to eat 2400 calories to hit 1700 net. I would encourage you to try, as this small deficit, combined with strength training, is going to be the ideal way to maintain your lean body mass while losing fat.

If you you're tlaking 1700 FLAT calories then my advice is that you probably aren't eating enough fat. It is very easy to hit 1700 calories if you're eating nuts, full fat or partial fat dairy, and other healthy but not "diet" foods. I would encourage you to add more calorie-dense foods to your diet to help you get to 1700 FLAT. Your body will be happier to burn fat as opposed to catabolize muscle if you give it enough fuel. Look to nuts, nut butters, full fat dairy, and even just cooking with more oil (olive is my favorite).

EDIT -- I would also ask how your measurements are doing and how long you've been lifting, which may answer to why you're not losing pounds. You may also be underestimating your calorie intake, as somebody else mentioned. Most people underestimate, I adjust for about 10%.
  • Argent78
    Argent78 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    thanks!! I'm talking about NET calories... I eat nuts, but every time I eat them or Olivo oil (which I love) I go over in the fat percentage... so I guess my problem would be eating 1700 NET and not exceeding in fat.
    I know the calorie counts are probably less than real, so I never overeat.
    I'm currently 139 pounds and 5.5 tall. My measurements are 36 hips and 29 waist... according to that my body fat is 23% and I'm a really active person...
    Something is wrong that I can't loose weight!