The Couch to 5k program

Options
Hey everyone..I'm new and I want to try this couch to 5k program. Anyone who wants to start doing with with me from week 1?

Thanks ;);)

Izzy

Replies

• jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i would like to but i dont have a watch or a treadmill or anything to keep track of how far i am going or for how long like it says but i have been wanting to try it
  • izriani
    izriani Posts: 17
    Options
    Have u started running casually or whats ur exercise regime like now? ;)

260528.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
  • amysjd
    amysjd Posts: 7
    Options
    I'd love to get started on this! i keep trying to get myself into it..
  • izriani
    Options
    Hey amy...now is the time to start!! ;) 'm starting my week 1 on 17/08/09 ..lets do it together ;)
  • dwnjjugalette
    Options
    I have done this program before and I lost about 30 pounds doing it. Then i got sick and stopped doing it and gained it all back. my mom kept going with it and she has run a full marathon and a few 1/2 marathons. it is a really good program if you can finish it. I might start it again soon, i have to move this week, but i may start up very soon!
  • cjordan1072
    Options
    The Y I am member is actually having a 5k on Halloween and I would like to do it.
    So what do I need to do to get started?

Time to Trim the Tum aka trip3
  • dwnjjugalette
    Options
    i would like to but i dont have a watch or a treadmill or anything to keep track of how far i am going or for how long like it says but i have been wanting to try it

Hey doll, you don't have to do exact amounts, just as close as you can. If that means you have to count the seconds in your head until you can get a watch, then so be it. I had the same issue when i started. Also, if you go to www.mapmyrun.com you can find your area and map out a course that you want to do and it will tell you how far it is.
  • AZWildcatnNC
    AZWildcatnNC Posts: 178 Member
    Options

If you have an MP3 there are C25K podcasts that do the time for you. Just search C25K podcasts and you'll come up with a few. I use Robert Ullrey's, but know there are others out there. Good luck all!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Here's another thread that's started, that might help you guys with info and motivation and tips. I just finished Week 3 Day 3 today. It was tough, but it feels great! Good luck! :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61035-couch-to-5k-running-plan
  • dwnjjugalette
    Options
    Hey amy...now is the time to start!! ;) 'm starting my week 1 on 17/08/09 ..lets do it together ;)

I will be starting that day too! I started a thread for this as well. I will also be adding to my blog after each run.
  • izriani
    Options
    wow..thanks for the tips guys!! I'm so glad a lot of people are already doing this. At least i know I won't be doing it alone ;);)

Dwnjjugalette, I'll be blogging mine as well, I've never really run before so i need all the help and tips that i can get ! by the way congratulations for losing 13lbs already!!

cjordan1072, check out this website

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
    it has all the information on couch to 5k program ;)

I'm going to download the podcasts as well ...music is always the best inspiration to keep moving..Good luck guys! keep me posted.

xxxooo ;)