HIIT Jump Rope

Options
I have been researching jump roping and HIIT.

I am a beginner so I was wondering if the following would be a good place to start....

5 minute warm up

30 seconds jumping as hard as you can

60 second rest...walking in place.

Rinse and repeat until I can do no more to see what my starting point would be....or 10 rounds to equal 15 minutes.

I would actually be doing it after nerdfitness.com beginners bodyweight circuit training. I am only able to do 1 round of that at the minimum requirements at the moment.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Why not? Give it a try and see what happens. Jumping rope is great cardio.
  • sapalee
    sapalee Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I can't really comment on your details exactly as I've not done it but I have enjoyed learning to jump rope after not doing it since grade school. Makes you feel like a kid again. I did a workout Sunday with a jump rope that was fun:

Annie (scaled to singles instead of double-unders)

100 jump rope
    50 abmat sit-ups

80 JR
    40 SU

60 JR
    30 SU

40 JU
    20 SU

20 JU
    10 SU

It took 13 min and some change, I was still geting used to the new rope so that slowed me down (kept getting caught in my right foot)
  • jcgrant43
    jcgrant43 Posts: 64
    Options
    Yep. Great plan to start. I've been doing the sort of the same thing for the last month, trying to work my way up to 3 minutes of jumping, two minutes rest for 5 sets. The only problem is I'm uncoordinated, and get tangled up regularly! I need a good skipping song to give me some rhythm!