marble slab creamery

Options
alf1163
alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
Ok, so I take my son to eat some ice cream and to be good I ordered the kids size cup with some chocolate swiss ice cream and they probaby added an ounce or less of pecans. Then I start looking for the calorie count and the calorie king says the serving size of their premium ice cream is a little more than 6oz and at 450 calories!!!!!!! And that is not including the mixing. I am wondering if that serving size is the adult size or the kids size...can anyone help? And here I was thinking I was being good...it is so hard to "be good" when you eat anything outside your house!!! :explode: :noway:

Replies

• alf1163
    Options
    Ok, so I take my son to eat some ice cream and to be good I ordered the kids size cup with some chocolate swiss ice cream and they probaby added an ounce or less of pecans. Then I start looking for the calorie count and the calorie king says the serving size of their premium ice cream is a little more than 6oz and at 450 calories!!!!!!! And that is not including the mixing. I am wondering if that serving size is the adult size or the kids size...can anyone help? And here I was thinking I was being good...it is so hard to "be good" when you eat anything outside your house!!! :explode: :noway:
  • alf1163
    Options
    anybody home? :tongue:
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Oh I was craving Marble Slab soooo bad last night. I don't know the answer to your question, but I'd think of it this way...you made a better choice. Instead of getting the big size, you went for a smaller size and that's good :smile:

:heart: Kels
  • nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    Options
    just go to the site for marble slab and look at their nutrition facts
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i love ice cream. last night i walked down to baskin robbins with my hubby to get some. 45 min walking a brisk pace helped balance out some of the calories. ice cream is mostly milk fat, thats why its so yummy:love:
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Thankfully I don't really like ice cream. We have a cold stone chain around here (MN) and I am sure that must be the same and even though I don't really like ice cream, I have had their strawberry cheesecake and it was yum yum. Now I just have to remember that I don't really like ice cream!:laugh:
  • Pom_love_2
    Options
    Ice cream is usually measured in liquid ounces, like your liquid measuring cup. If they say a serving is 6 oz. (actually the marble slab website says a serving is 6.75 oz.net weight so that's closer to 7oz. and they strangely use weight instead but use 'cup' for the frozen yogurt, http://www.marbleslab.com/footer/nutrition.html) look at your measuring cup and judge if that's how big your serving was, it would be slightly less than one 8 oz cup.

My cheat has been peach, mango, passionfruit sherbert at 100 cals for 1/2 cup, 10 fat cals, but it doesn't have the calcium that ice cream has either.
  • kaiyacali
    kaiyacali Posts: 175
    Options
    I saw a marble slab the other day. It seems like a knock off of Cold Stone Cremery.
  • coffeegirl
    coffeegirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yikes!! I love Marble Slab ice cream... That is frightening!! Guess I will be passing it up when we visit there next time unless it is a very special treat.

I love their chocolate swiss too. Thank you for posting this. I'm going to visit their website as well.

Coffeegirl
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thankfully I don't really like ice cream. We have a cold stone chain around here (MN) and I am sure that must be the same and even though I don't really like ice cream, I have had their strawberry cheesecake and it was yum yum. Now I just have to remember that I don't really like ice cream!:laugh:

Julie! You're back! Yay!
  • become28
    become28 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm a total ice cream junkie, but to replace it, I've recently fallen in love with frozen yogurt! So much healthier and it tastes just as good!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I saw a marble slab the other day. It seems like a knock off of Cold Stone Cremery.

Cold Stone Creamery is MUCH better, at least to me...when I used to visit places like that. Now I just try to "JUST SY NO"...the temptation ins just toooooo much for me to handle!