What's your motivation?

Options
On February 01, 2012 I decided that enough was enough and I made a conscious effort to improve my health. As everyone on this site, I'm trying to lose weight and keep it off! I go to the gym almost every day and I'm usually surrounded by a lot of people who are in shape and I usually stand out because of my size; therefore, I became accustomed to the stares. However, there is a lady that completely unnerved me. She wouldn't just stare at me she would WATCH me as I worked out and it drove me absolutely crazy! Nonetheless, when I saw her, I spoke and simply went about my business. Well today I went to the gym a little later than normal and the treadmill that was open happened to be next to this woman. When she looked over and saw me she said " there you are, I knew I would see you. I tell my son about you everyday!" She continued to tell me that she can see the difference from the first time she saw me and she looks to me as her motivation. Watching me workout makes her workout harder and seeing my weight loss encourages her to keep coming to the gym.

The moral of the story is, you never know who's watching and why they're watching. Sometimes we're encouraging people and we don't even know it!

Replies

• AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Awwww, now that's just awesome!!!
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    that made me tear up a little bit.........that's awesome!
  • Jessie544
    Jessie544 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    That's freaking AWESOME! How great that must have felt... to hear some encouragement when you're not expecting it. That's so great, thanks for sharing, maybe I will have to say something to the people I always see at the gym!
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Aw that's awesome, and good to know your hard work isn't going unnoticed!
  • marielester21
    Options
    thats wonderful!!! My husband just got out of the Army and is finally home for good. He loves me know matter what I look like which is such a blessing but I'm needing to love myself or at least be comfortable in my own skin again I gained a lot of weight during deployment (which was also our first year of marriage) and I'd LOVE to lose some of that weight! Hoping I can stay strong! New to this site but it looks great! I hope it'll be as helpful a tool for me :)