Do you log drinks?

Options
Do you count drinks as a snack or just don't log it in?

I shouldn't drink bad stuff anyway.
I want some minute maid lemonade but it's 243 cal in it. To drink or not to drink!

Replies

• misschoy
    misschoy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    If I put it in my mouth I log it.... well..... maybe I don't log EVERYTHING i put in my mouth. HAHAHAHA
  • annejuju
    annejuju Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    If it has calories - log it. 243 calories is a lot to ignore.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Drink H2O=0 cal
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Yes, if it has calories.
  • Sb65513n
    Sb65513n Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I only drink Seltzer and coffee I don't log water since it has its own thing. I put the coffee with breakfast or lunch if I drink more than two cups, e.i. Wednesdays, I add more to the entry in breakfast or lunch. I always put seltzer with a meal I usually don't put them as snack cause I don't drink calories as snack.
  • Raivynsblood
    Raivynsblood Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    If I put it in my mouth I log it.... well..... maybe I don't log EVERYTHING i put in my mouth. HAHAHAHA

TMI!!! lol
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options

Laughed before I even finished reading lol.

If it has calories, I log it.
  • thefaceman25
    thefaceman25 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Definitely log them, can be a lot of Cals/Sugars in drinks
  • BernOffTheFat
    Options
    Well, I have about 700 cal left. One small drink isn't that bad.... right?
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    If you go under setting you can add another category and call it drinks! That is what I do and I track my tea, diet soda, and OJ.
    Or if I have milk or something else that is liquid....oh like my beer and vodka!
  • BernOffTheFat
    Options
    So smart!!!! Thanks!
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Until you log the beer or wine (or in my case beer and wine...) or liquor, its magic zero caleries, but in fact there are LOTS of calories in drinks.
  • jailee813
    jailee813 Posts: 29
    Options
    The only drink I do not log is something with 0 Cals... I know I'm not accounting for sodium but if it has 0 cal, 0 sugar and 0 protein, I figure it's a free-be, just like water, but anything with calories I count ESPECIALLY drinks. One of the quickest ways to ruin a good day is to load up on sugery drinks and not realize how much you are taking in.
  • tony1307
    tony1307 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I use one of my "groups" as drinks. I put the gatorade there, the juice for breakfast, and all my protein shakes.
  • LemonSnap
    LemonSnap Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You mean I could just not log all the red wine I drink? I didn't know that. Some how I don't think it would work for me.
  • jailee813
    jailee813 Posts: 29
    Options
    @Hyde1977 - Great Idea, I never thought about making it it's own catagory! I'm going to do that myself :-D
  • HollywoodDJ
    HollywoodDJ Posts: 296
    Options
    YES!!!!! I think you absolutely should they all have calories. I love Margaritas but a Margarita can run 400 to 600 calories or more. So I drink tequila with tonic and a splash of lime juice. It's about 70-75 calories. So even a few drinks can add up. Also I believe Bethanny Frankel's line of SKINNYGIRL drinks is really taking off and I think some of those drinks are only 35-40 calories.

And whoever tries to tell you that Vodka has no calories is COMPLETELY CRACKED! It does...so beware~

18447478.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • nicoleeliza4
    Options
    YES!!! I think drinks are the biggest issue people have, doesn't seem like food but they can add up SOOO fast.
    Started drinking water and skim milk only and it majorly helped!
  • BernOffTheFat
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I thought it's just a drink but I kept reading about it and there is tones of sodium in it.
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I thought it's just a drink but I kept reading about it and there is tones of sodium in it.

Sodium is a concern, yes but I'd be more concerned about the sugars and calories in something that high. I'm not saying don't drink it, just giving the reasons why it definitely needs to be logged. For example, a 12 ounce can of soda isn't crazy high in sodium but has about 40 grams of sugar(to put that into perspective, that's about 10 cubes of sugar).

Now for myself, I choose not to spend any of my calorie budget on drinks except alcohol just because I realized it wasn't worth it for me. Nothing wrong with drinks with cals if it's in moderation and you've budgeted for it though.