Garlic Bread

Options
iRun4wine
iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
Anyone have any good recipes for a low calorie garlic bread? I have whole wheat bread, garlic cloves, garlic powder, and spray butter. I've experimented, but haven't come up with anything good enough :laugh:

Replies

• msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    No, but if you take a tortilla, spray it with olive oil or butter spray, and sprinkle with garlic or italian seasoning or whatever, then cut into wedges with a pizza cutter, you can bake it at about 425 until crispy and it's pretty tasty!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Good idea- I do something similar with cinnamon and a toritlla. I think I'll do a little bit more experimenting :wink: Thanks!! I love when things get my creative juices flowing... :flowerforyou:
  • blakgarnet
    blakgarnet Posts: 343
    Options
    I would experiment with your whole wheat bread and a whipped butter/margarine spread with powdered garlic (or finely diced garlic cloves) mixed in. I would then broil for a bit.
  • rbopp
    rbopp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I spread a few pieces of bread with a mix of minced garlic, parsley flakes, and whipped spread. Broil for only about two minutes, and perfect. I'm still playing with the spices, but celery salt or onion salt add a little more flavor if you like those. Powdered garlic works too, but strong. And for a treat throw a little shredded colby jack on top before you broil it.
  • rstarks54
    rstarks54 Posts: 163
    Options
    Instead of spread, I drizzle olive oil on the bread, the lightly coat it with garlic salt and mozzerella cheese...broil for just an minute, two at the most, DELICIOUS!!!:happy: :happy: :happy: