Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Confused on Caloric intake

Hi there, hopefully someone can help me out. When I fill out my profile on here it puts me at 1200 calories per day, when I go to other websites they all put me between 1400 and 1750 calories per day.

I am 39 years old, weigh 180 pounds and zero exercise. (this isn't normal, I have a broken leg at the moment, so really I am doing arm weights every 2 days and crunches).

I want to lose 35 lbs. I have for the last three weeks done the 1200 calories, with one or two days a week going about 100 cal over. I can't really tell if I am losing weight or not as I can't get on a scale.

It doesn't feel like I have but like I said, I can't say anything for sure.

Does anyone have any advice?

Replies

• Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member
    It's hard to say without knowing your height, but this site will put you at 1200 calories at a minimum if your weight loss goal is too aggressive. I would assume you've got it set to 2 lbs/week of weight loss. Set it back to 1.5 pounds a week. Better yet, check the BMR calculator at the top (under the Tools tab). Set your weight loss goal to be whatever is closest to your BMR. For example, if 1 lb/week allows you to eat 1500 calories a day and your BMR is 1550, set it to 1 lb/week.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    MFP does not factor in your exercise when you fill out your profile. This site adds it as you report your exercise each day. The other sites your going to gives you numbers including your exercise.
  • JanetCoulter1517
    JanetCoulter1517 Posts: 9 Member
    thanks i upped my calories to 1500, lets see what that does. I am a shortie, 5foot 5inches