What's a suana suit?
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    work in what way?
  • CRenaeB
    CRenaeB Posts: 66
    Options
    I know they say you sweat alot, but do you lose weight, inches? Some say that they are unnecessary, that you can overheat.
  • M1chelles5
    M1chelles5 Posts: 107
    Options
    My husband is a football player and has told me to use one when I'm on the treadmill or elliptical. All I know is athletes use them for intense cardio training. It seems hard core so Im scurred, lol. I'll ask him about it l8r tonight and see exactly what it does!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you lose water weight, but obviously they dont make you lose fat because that's not how the body works. if sweating was all it took to lose fat then noone who lived in a warm or tropical climate would be fat, right?

since it's just water weight you can dehydrate yourself and anything lost will be temporary since you'll eventually need to replace that water.

it's a gimmick. dont waste your money
  • CRenaeB
    Options
    Thanks M1chelles5
  • CRenaeB
    Options
    you lose water weight, but obviously they dont make you lose fat because that's not how the body works. if sweating was all it took to lose fat then noone who lived in a warm or tropical climate would be fat, right?

since it's just water weight you can dehydrate yourself and anything lost will be temporary since you'll eventually need to replace that water.

• CRenaeB
    Options

Thanks
  • TaraB82
    TaraB82 Posts: 8
    Options
    My husband uses one when on the treadmill. It was reccommended by a friend that has lost alot of weight and used one. My husband really likes his and he sweats ALOT. When he takes it off and turns it inside out he literally leaves a puddle on the floor. He only uses it when running on the treadmill. He does this every morning for 30 minutes. I know everyone is different, but he doesnt drink excessive amounts of water. He gets in 8-10 glasses a day. After each workout (2x a day) He does drink a protein shake. Hope this helps.
  • CRenaeB
    Options
    My husband uses one when on the treadmill. It was reccommended by a friend that has lost alot of weight and used one. My husband really likes his and he sweats ALOT. When he takes it off and turns it inside out he literally leaves a puddle on the floor. He only uses it when running on the treadmill. He does this every morning for 30 minutes. I know everyone is different, but he doesnt drink excessive amounts of water. He gets in 8-10 glasses a day. After each workout (2x a day) He does drink a protein shake. Hope this helps.

Thank you. Yes it helps!
  • jlr_12
    jlr_12 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    As someone already said, the only thing a sauna suit does for you is make you sweat more. The weight you are losing is simply water, and it will dehydrate you. Most often the only people you see using them are athletes like wrestlers or boxers that need to get below a certain weight for a fight. They use the sauna suit, drop the pounds to get under the cut off, then gain it all back before the fight. It is a VERY temporary result.