New Here.. HELP

I weigh 159 as if today.. I would love to be 140 by June. Last year at this time I weighed 179. In Aug. I was 151. I recently gained this weigh back so quick, now I cant seem to loose any weight within the past couple months. I just started using this app so I hope it works. I am mom, work full time along with a part time job also, I only make it to the gym about 3 times a week for 45 min. Any tips. Anything at all would be great. I am really frustrated when I look in the mirror. Help
Thanks!

Replies

• njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Hi, What/how much have you been eating?
  • I have tried lots of diff things. I tried the special k diet for 3 weeks,and gained 4 lbs.
    I am not one to to eat fast food or thing,however I usually eat a TV din for lunch a Lean Cusine. But today I noticed when I tracked my food,it said I was over in Sodium. That could be part of the problem. However yesterday and today I stuck to my 1,200 cal.
  • osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    Look over the message boards that are "women who eat 2000+ calories" You need to eat more. 1200 calories is waaay too little for you, esp when you are working out 3x per week
  • sipseyab
    sipseyab Posts: 56 Member
    You really need to ditch the idea of a "diet." The only way to really lose weight and keep it off is to change your eating habits for good. As osewcute mentioned, 1200 calories is not enough to keep your metabolism at a normal to high rate. Do you keep a food diary? Maybe if you post a typical day, you'll get some feedback about what your eating,
  • orangecrayon
    orangecrayon Posts: 293 Member
    I noticed that when I first started dieting, 1200 calories just was too little for me. You have to work your way down to it. (And eventually, you can work your way back up) What those "Lean" Cuisine meals might be is low in calories, but not in sodium if that is what you are watching. I like Bird's Eye Steamed Rice. Half of one package is a serving. If you add some steamed vegetables on top and have a little bit of (optional): tofu <--this can be diced and sautéed then used in various yummy dishes, tiny bit of soy sauce or teriyaki sauce--myself I prefer teriyaki, you've got a pretty low-sodium, calorie, and healthy meal!
    Or there's always tortilla pizza. I leave out the pizza sauce because I like to slice tomatoes on top and I put a minimal amount of cheese on (I like to season this with basil), and adding some sliced mushrooms from the grocery aisle (not the can!) is never a bad thing either. The pizza can be cooked in a skillet so it's more crispy (use medium heat and be sure to check under every so often so it doesn't burn) or it can be microwaved.
    Spaghetti squash makes a very filling meal for the whole family. Very low-calorie, but treat it like a vegetable. I wouldn't use it as an entree (but then again, my appetite is smaller now and I did in the beginning). Add some spaghetti sauce of your choice and as there is basically no sodium in the squash you're free to have a half cup of your choice of sauce! (Half cup is for two cups of squash. 1/4 cup is for one cup.) Add some mushrooms, basil leaves, (I'd leave out the salt, but if you do add some make it minimal), and I like to add pepper and a little grated parmesan cheese. Only 20 calories for 2 teaspoons of Kraft!) Then for a side I like a fillet of fish. Yum! To microwave, stab (yes, stab) squash with sharp knife at least 7 times around the outside of the squash. Microwave 8-12 minutes in microwave, rotating halfway through. Outside of squash should give a little when pushed if done at end and should be VERY hot. Use knife to slice squash in half, let cool a little. Scoop out seeds. Use fork to scrape squash like spaghetti. :)
    I've got lots of ideas, but they kind of come to me gradually. Hope these help! :)
    And I'm always open for a friend request if you want to share ideas! (I love recipe ideas!!!)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!