Zumba dvd's or Zumba for the WII

Options
I love Zumba, but unfortunately the classes are not offered when I can take them so I was wondering if I should buy DVD's or Zumba for my WII. If anyone has tried either one or both, I would love your input... Thanks!!!

Replies

• mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the new Zumba Wii game but the new Exhilarate DVD's by Zumba are pretty fun Lots of variety with the disc too. I've done the step by step tutorial and the next disc where you can have the talking on or off. That's a nice feature once you get use to it. Just listen to the music and follow along.

What do other people think?
  • MAponte73
    MAponte73 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have a zumba dvd set, the one that came with the 2 small weights.... and a bonus dvd.. I love them. I have to stop cuz I hurt my back in a car accident... But I actually pulled them out and was waiting for a rainy day to start again (when I can not walk outside). I bet you will love them too...:happy:
  • MAponte73
    MAponte73 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I love the fact that they break it all down for you, in baby steps.... and if you mess up ~ so what ~ just keep on moving...
  • LisaKunz
    LisaKunz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    For the Zumba for the wii, do you have to have wii Fit?
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    For the Zumba for the wii, do you have to have wii Fit?

you mean balance board ? then no
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumda dvd set with weights and love the workouts.
  • lisaishotpink
    Options
    I have the Zumba: Exhilarate DVD set, and I LOVE it. 7 DVDs, most with the option to turn on or off comments and instructions from the instructors. The Rush one is 23 minutes and great for people with limited time. Or the Exhilarate, the full 60min workout, is great too. And another plus, none of the instructors are annoying! LoL.
  • GreyhoundGuru
    GreyhoundGuru Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan for Zumba 2 for the Wii.
    Calculates calorie burn...TONS of routines to choose from.
    Graphics are also very good, as is the music.
  • CaSome11
    CaSome11 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Zumba for the Wii is amazing! I love it! You definitely get a good workout, I'm always drenched in sweat by the end of it. You can track your progress and calories burned. It's also nice to do it in the privacy of your home.
  • sarafyna
    sarafyna Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have both the DVDs and the one for the Wii. I have to admit I liked the DVDs better, but my waist and hips are the same measurement and my legs, well lets just say they are of the chicken variety, so the belt kept sliding off when I used it.
  • blonderunner39
    blonderunner39 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the original set of Zumba dvd's and the Exilirate set as well. Love them both and mix the two together.
    For runners, Zumba is a great workout for non running days!
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba....Wii, DVD, classes it doesn't matter!!! If you do get it for the Wii, be sure to get Zumba 2 (the first one is kinda sucky! LOL). I just did it for 20-25 mins (short class) high energy and was drenched at 12 mins into it. You get a great work out from it for sure.
  • msmlis
    msmlis Posts: 1
    Options
    :happy: I have the Zumba for Xbox 360. Of course, you can't beat the live class, but it is still a lot of fun.
  • LivyB14
    LivyB14 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    :happy: I have the Zumba for Xbox 360. Of course, you can't beat the live class, but it is still a lot of fun.

I completely agree!
  • LivyB14
    LivyB14 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    except I have it for wii
  • texas4transplantmom
    Options
    I just was given the Zumba Fitness for the Wii and I really like it! I'm only on day 2 of doing it but I break a sweat if I put it on the 45 minute workouts and it is fun. Also, I will get more into it at home than I would in a class with others watching. lol I would like to find a class eventually but for now I think doing it at home is a good workout. Also, if you like Zumba, you might look into doing the Just Dance games...we have the 2nd one for the Wii and it is really fun. To me neither Zumba nor Just Dance feel like a workout, it just feels like you're having fun:)
  • hml86
    hml86 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba 2 foe the Wii!! Absolutely love it!! It keeps track of calories burned...minutes played...you can record your weight...& great music and graphics! It really makes you break a sweat!!
  • kaaabney
    kaaabney Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. I do have the balance board for the wii fit as well. It sounds like the dvd's and the zumba fitness for the wii are both good choices. I may just have to break down and buy both. Thanks for all your help!!!