DETAILED EXPLANATION NEEDED PLEASE ...

Options
Please can some one simply explain what a calorie deficit is... I am allowed 1370 in calories per day. I strength train 4 out of the 6 days I work out. What should my deficit be.. or is this really my "net" calories?

HELP :-/

Replies

• npeters519
    npeters519 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My understanding is that MFP automatically calculates your calorie deficit when you tell it how much you want to lose per week. As long as you stay within your calorie goal (no less than 1200 per day) you should be good...
  • Tubby2Toned
    Tubby2Toned Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You can determine how many calories your body needs just to stand upright by multiplying your present body weight x12.
    You will stay exactly where you are at if you eat that amount of calories a day.

Any thing under that is a calorie deficit.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Eat what MFP tell you plus your exercise calories. You already have a deficit calculated.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Deficit = calories you eat - calories you burn all day. MFP assigns you a calorie deficit based on your weekly goal. One pound (of fat) = 3500 calories. If you want to lose a pound a week (2lbs a week is possible but hard) you need to eat at a 500 calorie deficit because 3500/7 = 500. So if you burn 2000 calories a day by normal everyday activities and you want to lose a pound a week, MFP tells you to eat 1500. When you exercise you burn more than your 2000 calories a day. Say you burn 500. Suddenly you are burning 2500 calories a day. If you do not eat your exercise calories your deficit becomes 1000 calories. If you do eat your exercise calories your deficit remains at 500 calories.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    You can determine how many calories your body needs just to stand upright by multiplying your present body weight x12.
    You will stay exactly where you are at if you eat that amount of calories a day.

Any thing under that is a calorie deficit.

This isn't exactly true. It depends on a lot of other factors like her daily activity level.