lime pops and hi to everyone

Options
just joined today. what a terrific site. so glad it makes it so easy to tabulate calorie consumption and burning! i'm a math bozo, but the times in my life when i've successfully lost weight and kept it off for many years were the times i just did the math every day with adding up calories, exercised, and weighed every morning before dressing and eating so it was a true read. (it was like keeping track of every penny you spend for a few days or something - you'd never dream until to record everything just how often you're doing it, and how quickly all the tiny numbers add up to huge ones for the whole day). but i used to have to carry a calculator and lots of little calorie books with me everywhere - now MFP makes it so easy! yaaay! wanted to share this in case someone hasn't already: if you have a Trader Joe's store where you live try their Fat Free Lime Pops - delicious and only 60 calories each! yummy, and cool :glasses: for the summer ahead.

Replies

• espritbonne
    espritbonne Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    just joined today. what a terrific site. so glad it makes it so easy to tabulate calorie consumption and burning! i'm a math bozo, but the times in my life when i've successfully lost weight and kept it off for many years were the times i just did the math every day with adding up calories, exercised, and weighed every morning before dressing and eating so it was a true read. (it was like keeping track of every penny you spend for a few days or something - you'd never dream until to record everything just how often you're doing it, and how quickly all the tiny numbers add up to huge ones for the whole day). but i used to have to carry a calculator and lots of little calorie books with me everywhere - now MFP makes it so easy! yaaay! wanted to share this in case someone hasn't already: if you have a Trader Joe's store where you live try their Fat Free Lime Pops - delicious and only 60 calories each! yummy, and cool :glasses: for the summer ahead.
  • JJAE53
    JJAE53 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome!
    I know exactly what you mean about doing the math to keep up with calories. Been there, done that. After a while, I became so disgusted with it that I completely gave it up. Two years later, and you know what happened.
    Then I found this site looking for an online calculator. I just love it! Know you will, too.
  • nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    Options
    i dont have trader joes around here but i love anything that tastes like lime has lime on in it i would love to have a lime pop right now.
  • espritbonne
    Options
    Wish I could send some your way, nicole0177. they're soooo yummy. kinda like enjoying a sort of frozen margarita popsicle - but without the tequila. I really do wish I could send you a box of them, but I guess they would melt before they could reach you. :ohwell: if you ever get to a town where they have Trader Joe's stores and you get to stop by, look for them - they call them Lime Fruit Floes or something like that. They have Strawberry too, with real strawberries in them, and they're also delicious, but the lime ones are my favorite.
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    I've become addicted to those lime pops! I think I will be eating them all summer!
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

We need a Trader Joe's in Utah! :sad:

I always go there when I visit my Mom & Dad in Seattle, but haven't tried the lime pops. They sound yummy!
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    ok im wanting a lime pop now stink it would cost me way to much to find a trader joe's bugger oh well ill have to find something equaly as yummy and good calorie count. mmmm lime
  • espritbonne
    Options
    Now I realize how silly it was of me to post about the glory of TJ's lime pops when they aren't readily available to all! :frown: Sorry! if I was reading about how yummy and low cal they are and couldn't get some, I'd be ticked! :angry: So I'll be on a mission this week to find a recipe for making them at home, -- there are sites that have cloned recipes for foods from famous restaurant and grocer fare, etc - right? So maybe I can find it there. But otherwise I'll read the ingredients on the next box I buy (tried to buy them when i was in TJs last evening but they were out, as they often are if I don't get there first thing in the morning) and anyway, I'll find out how we can make them at home, hopefully. And as soon as I do, I'll post it here! Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I lost a half a pound after walking 6 miles yesterday. Yaay! I'm surprised the big blister I got on my right foot from that walk didn't make up for the lost .5 lb though... ouch!
  • mking
    mking Posts: 45
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I just wanted to say Hi! Would love a recipe for lime pops! I just started today, and look forward to meeting new people and encouraging others along the way!

rmk
  • nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    Options
    Wish I could send some your way, nicole0177. they're soooo yummy. kinda like enjoying a sort of frozen margarita popsicle - but without the tequila. I really do wish I could send you a box of them, but I guess they would melt before they could reach you. :ohwell: if you ever get to a town where they have Trader Joe's stores and you get to stop by, look for them - they call them Lime Fruit Floes or something like that. They have Strawberry too, with real strawberries in them, and they're also delicious, but the lime ones are my favorite.
    mmmm... my mouth is watering i wish you could send me some to but ya they would be lime juice b4 they got !!!LOL
  • mammakat
    mammakat Posts: 1
    Options
    I just signed up. My daughter sent me the web and now I hope to get all the inspiration and ummph I need to keep going. I think lime pops would be quite refreshing right now.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I am so happy I am not the only one who constantly talks about Trader Joes!! LOL! I feel like a broken record sometimes because I shop there all the time and then come on here and praise them. Those lime pops ARE really good. They definitely refresh me during the hot summer days!

If any of you have a chip craving the Trader Joes Sour Cream and Onion Crisps (made with Rice) are REALLY good. They are in a green bag. There is a cracked pepper and sea salt flavor too. But the sour cream and onion have such a great taste and you can have 38 of them for 120 calories. They taste almost like a cross between a sour cream and onion chip and a cool ranch dorito. But it cures my craving for salty, crunchy chips.
  • espritbonne
    Options
    The sour cream and onion crisps sound awesome tamim1974! Thanks! ... not for now, but for sometime when I have a few extra calories to spend :wink: ....and a salty/crispy craving! I've never seen them, but even though I've been shopping TJs for maybe 10 years now I'm always discovering new stuff every time I'm there. I've been trying to find the lime pops (Lime Fruit Floe bar) recipe online, but no luck. My daughter says she's read the box before and she thinks for ingredients it just says "lime juice, water, sugar" but I'm not sure. I'll try calling TJs headquarters tomorrow to see if I can get them to tell me more. Something that good that's only 60 calories and such a terrific cool-down for the hot months ahead will be worth whipping up yourself if there isn't a TJ's nearby. I'm only the second day in to my diet, and I'm trying to get myself psyched into the feeling that my 8 glasses of ice water are like some sort of dessert...( trying to enjoy that nice clinking of the ice cubes as I drink it. telling myself it's a tall glass of sweet tea or lemonade).... not totally convinced yet, but getting closer! Didn't have any fresh lemons in the fridge this weekend, but will get some and use a slice in my water glass from now on - that'll help! Oh, by the way - Welcome, Mammakat and mking! Best of luck to all of us!
  • espritbonne
    Options
    Ha ha! Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only Lime Pop Junkie, Gray Sweatshirt! ( "Hi, my name is Espritbonne....." :ohwell: ) Jeez, it really is like an addiction though, isn't it? Gotta have one nearly every day all summer long...seriously! oh well, at least it's a healthy, yummy addiction...
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Now I realize how silly it was of me to post about the glory of TJ's lime pops when they aren't readily available to all! :frown: Sorry! if I was reading about how yummy and low cal they are and couldn't get some, I'd be ticked! :angry: So I'll be on a mission this week to find a recipe for making them at home, -- there are sites that have cloned recipes for foods from famous restaurant and grocer fare, etc - right? So maybe I can find it there. But otherwise I'll read the ingredients on the next box I buy (tried to buy them when i was in TJs last evening but they were out, as they often are if I don't get there first thing in the morning) and anyway, I'll find out how we can make them at home, hopefully. And as soon as I do, I'll post it here! Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I lost a half a pound after walking 6 miles yesterday. Yaay! I'm surprised the big blister I got on my right foot from that walk didn't make up for the lost .5 lb though... ouch!

Wow! Thank you!
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    that would be great if you could work out a home made one does the store have a website i know some do it sounds like a great store
  • espritbonne
    Options
    Yep, their web site is www.traderjoes.com I just talked to them and they don't give out the recipes, but the guy said if I'd want to make my own lime fruit flow, searching online for natural flavor lime juice from concentrate (the key ingredient) would be a good start. He was really sympathetic for the folks who live in the states that have no TJs. He said requests come in non-stop for new stores from all over the country. They have a map on their site showing which areas have stores. They're building them just as fast as they can, but they don't want to put any in places where their hub distribution centers couldn't get the food to the stores in time for the food to be fresh enough. They're all about quality and freshness, but the prices are really, really low. The prices here in southern California are phenomenal. (For example, fat-free milk is often close to 5 dollars a gallon at other stores, but at TJ's it's 3.29 a gallon) Anyway, I'll try some experimental lime pop creation when I find the 'right stuff' for the lime ingredient - (it's really tart, way different from a regular lime popsicle) and if I get a close match, I'll definitely post it!