HELP trying to talk myself out of going to the gym

Options
Ok it's been a long day, I'm home in my comfies and I know I should go to the gym but come on........I'm tired. I need some motivation. Please kick my butt for me.......

Replies

• mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Go to the Gym. You will thank yourself later. If your really tired. Just go stare at the treadmill or whatever it is that you use and see if you can just look at it and go home. I heard that from someone once and it's kind of funny. I wonder if anyone could actually do that.
  • Serenity64
    Options
    It's time to go to the gym! It all about the habit. If you go now, you will strengthen the habit.
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Just go. On days I don't feel like going to the health club, I usually end up having some of my best workouts.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    If it has been a while since you had a day of rest stay the hell home.
  • karenlw75
    karenlw75 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Just go! Once you get there I'm sure you will be fine and be glad that you went!
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Get yourself to the gym, young lady!
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    If you are anything like me you will regret not going... And if you go you will feel so good and accomplished afterwards. I love that feeling of success especially when I didnt want to go in the first place. 99.9% of the time I feel better afterward.
  • austindog2
    austindog2 Posts: 128
    Options
    Any workout is better than sitting on the couch doing nothing! Get into your workout gear, then you'll be more motivated because you'll be part of the way there!
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    MInd over matter. You will stop feeling tired the minute you start working out at the gym :)
  • Hilary75
    Hilary75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Did you go?

I didn't want to go today either; I had very low energy but I forced myself to go anyway. I decided to start w weights instead of my run bc I didn't know if I'd have the energy for weights after running 4 miles. I felt great after weights, but not great enough for a run, I did 30 min on the elliptical instead. Tomorrow is my planned rest day so I'm glad I didn't let myself slack today.
  • m2nc
    m2nc Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    hoping you made it to the gym... working out usually makes you feel better it is just getting there... good luck!! You can do it!!!
  • Rosalindgr
    Rosalindgr Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    as you're talking put on your sneakers get your towel and water bottle out the door you go!!
  • scicco
    scicco Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, just got back and I feel much better. Gotta love the support :)