Bored at Work - What do you do?

Options
HelloSweetie4
HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
I work at an apartment program for mental health clients who are pretty independent, but needs some direction on occasion. I usually have all my paperwork done for the week within a day because I'm a quick typist. SO, I'm running out of things to do while I'm working. Does anyone else out there have a job that they need to find ways to occupy time? If so, what do you do?

I usually do some reading, but I just finished a book and haven't found another one yet. Also, we have restricted access to internet so I can't play games or watch videos. This about the time of night I get bored because everyone is asleep by 8pm.

Replies

• _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    mfp.

duh.

~wink~
  • HelloSweetie4
    Options
    lol well yeah, but sometimes the boards dry up and I have nothing! :sad:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    mfp.

duh.

~wink~

Also, read about weird stuff. One google search leads to a website that makes me think of something else I want to read about, which leads to a blog about something else... I have a vast array of completely useless knowledge now.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    mfp, facebook, playing the sims, reading a new book, blah blah. i finish my day's work within an hour too.. blargh.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    doesnt happen to me, theres always something that needs doing, i guess im grateful for that, makes the time go by fast
  • kpittman0612
    Options
    I'm always trying to find ways to "look busy", my personal fav is to of course check out MFP but here lately it's been reading reviews on things I want to purchase such as Jillian's Body Revolution and a HRM. Already bought both of those so now on to something else.....
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately that never happens to me. I usually have to work OT just to keep my head above water.
  • HelloSweetie4
    Options
    Unfortunately that never happens to me. I usually have to work OT just to keep my head above water.

When I was a regular casewoker I was in the same position. My caseload got to 40 (when I was hired they said it would never be more than 28), I transferred to residential.
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    mfp.

duh.

~wink~

^^^^