need some positive reinforcement

Options
Just started mfp today. Hoping this will help me focus and help motivate me to climb back onto the healthy lifestyle wagon. I have read a lot of the success stories and they are really inspiring. I used the calorie tracker today wow little bit of an eye opener isn't it.
Here is to a new start and a new day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wishing everyone great success.

Replies

• kathleenk3
    Options
    I just started today too! I was againt couting calories, but as you said it really is an eye-opener and I hope this will help me in track. Good luck to you :D
  • heavenangel88
    Options
    My little sister started MFP 72 days ago and is down over 20 pounds! I jumped on the MFP wagon 30 days ago and am down 10 pounds! This is honestly the simplest diet I have ever been on! I have told all my friends to join. Good luck to you!
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I haven't been here that long, only 10 days so I'm a recent newby. Yes MFP sure does make people realise a lot of things which we were not aware of before we found MFP. Good luck and welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • Jennyfur1155
    Jennyfur1155 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I have not been here long but the 6 pounds I lost in no time showed me that this site works :) Have fun and enjoy the ride!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all you March & April Folks, always great to have new folks aboard!! As you've found it's a great site, so simple and almost magical how the site makes loosing weight a more simple process than going on any "diet" we've tried in the past. The fact that MFP's not a diet is why it seems to work for us all. I agree Kathleen, it really IS an eyeopener when you start tracking the nutrition and logging the workouts.

Enjoy as it only gets better the more time you put in as you begin to really see the results of your hard work!:heart::flowerforyou:
  • tilfordj
    tilfordj Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am down 8 pounds and it has only been a month. The first few days I logged everything without worrying about the total. I was really amazed with how many calories I was eating everyday. I had been following Weight Watcher (converting everything to points) and not losing. So now I know.....even though those bananas are 0 points on WW, they are still about 100 calories each. I thought I was eating healthy.....but my sugars were through the roof....I cut my fruit down to about 1/5 of what I used to eat, and now I am losing.