Herbalife?

stephc0711
stephc0711 Posts: 1,022 Member
Has anyone used it? Does it work? What would you recommend if you like it?

Replies

• aubryannewilson
    aubryannewilson Posts: 34 Member
    My sister has started selling it and she's had a few people report success with it. It makes me kinda leery myself but every time I ask her a question that concerns me about it she answers it and is making me want to try it just for all the extra nutrients.
  • stephc0711
    My sister has started selling it and she's had a few people report success with it. It makes me kinda leery myself but every time I ask her a question that concerns me about it she answers it and is making me want to try it just for all the extra nutrients.

She was telling me about it the other day at the jewelry party, and it made me curious. Someone else I know sells under her, and she swears by it... I just don't want to spend that much for nothing!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    I have no opinion on the quality of their products but you need to be aware that as a multi-level marketing organization the money to pay all the commissions has to come from somewhere. Don't be surprised if you can buy comparable products for much less through other sources (my sister in law does Amway and their vitamins are stupidly expensive - more than double what I can buy them for at the drugstore)
  • stephc0711
    I had looked at the prices some, Brian. They do seem very very high! :( Especially since I'm cheap.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    I had looked at the prices some, Brian. They do seem very very high! :( Especially since I'm cheap.

Nothing wrong with frugal, my 16 year old son is getting to be a pro at finding bargains when he's shopping and my daughter is not far behind (they both have a fixed clothing allowance). Money doesn't grow on trees unless you're in the forestry business.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Yes I've tried it. Depends on the individual. For me it was a waste of money. What can be done with Herbalife can also be done without Herbalife.
  • My family friend sells it (shh we get it for a reduced price or we honestly probably would have never began) and it is lovely. Both me and my mom have tried a variety of their vitamins and supplements and powders and it's made it very easy for us to maintain our health, recover from colds, and for my mom to lose weight. Both of us have noticed improved health. Of course it's one of a million companies so look around, but I would recommend herbalife.
  • jcdellop
    jcdellop Posts: 18
    Yes I've tried it. Depends on the individual. For me it was a waste of money. What can be done with Herbalife can also be done without Herbalife.

I completely agree. The products are good quality but you can buy real food, that you actually get to chew (instead of drinking protein shakes) and get good results. I think in a way it robs you of the opportunity to learn how to EAT PROPERLY - to fuel your body and be healthy. I lost about 8 pounds in 5 weeks but by that point I didn't even want to look at another protein shake!!!
  • I believe that in order to lose weight you will have to do it the old fashion way, working out and counting calorie (and its free) :O). I do think that they have good quality products that will help you get all nutrients that you need unless you get a very balanced diet then you are good.
  • CarmenPaula
    CarmenPaula Posts: 6 Member
    I spent a lot of money on Herbalife about 7 years ago and lost 50 pounds. Felt good and it did work. I did gain some of the weight back a few times but never back to my starting weight. I've lost 27 lbs in the last 11 weeks going to a biggest loser boot camp and that has been awesome. Can eat lots of food and still lose weight consistently week to week. Much better way (and much cheaper way) to go.
  • aubryannewilson
    aubryannewilson Posts: 34 Member

She was telling me about it the other day at the jewelry party, and it made me curious. Someone else I know sells under her, and she swears by it... I just don't want to spend that much for nothing!

I figured as much :) Like I said, the thought of drinking your meals makes me leery. I don't think I would use it for weightloss but to supplement for some nutrients I'm lacking in my diet. I definitely wouldn't use it for 2 meals a day. That's a little iffy to me.