New to MyFitnessPal - been on it a week. Anyone want an acco

Options
Hi - new to myfitnesspal - been on it a week and would love to have some accountability partners. Anyone interested? We can inspire and vent or support each other in any way needed. I need ot lose a little less than a hundred pounds. I began seriously exercising 6 weeks ago and can really feel the changes underneath my layers of fat. I find the more I do it - the more I want to go further. I've actually fallen in love with the elliptical! (LOL) Trying to like the treadmill to change things up a bit - I think for me the treadmill is an acquired taste. I'm finding that this is "all" a mind game. If I get it right in my mind it will come out well in my body. So I've decided to "change my mind." I work at a Spa so there is no excuse for not being able to go to the gym, so I try to work out during lunch time or before work (which is hard because I'm getting ready to go for a divorce, been separated for 2 years and have two children living with me). I'm quite sure there are probably a lot of divorced or separated parents on this site? Would be great to connect and share our ways of doing things.

Anyhow - looking forward to making new friends and having a healthy lifestyle!

Casey

Replies

• whittyb095
    Options
    Hi there!!

I'm looking for the same thing. Ive been doing this for a week...and really lost control Thursday and Friday. My scale reflected it this morning.

I applaud you for starting to exercise. The only thing I can get myself to do is yoga 2x a week... and that's not really going to make a huge difference in weight loss.

Looking forward to hearing from you... we can do it!!
  • balado
    balado Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I have just come back to using MFP - I am up to walking 50 mins 3 x a week. I really need to loose weight my pal is pregnant and I look more pregnant than her. I have a dodgy back so running isnt an option at moment so I plan on the walking route. I always start off well but by end of week or so I give up. So Im looking for buddies to kick my butt when I loose faith
  • fyland
    fyland Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd love to join you on your journey! I have 85lbs to lose. Just started MFP a week ago and I love it! I'm doing really well with the eating part but not so well with the exercising part lol. I've lost this weight at least 5x before but this really has to be the last time. So if you can help me out too, I'd really appreciate it!! Have a super day!
  • gatorgirlyyy
    Options
    Add me. :)
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    All of you just need to take it one day at a time and remember to just keep moving! You are all headed in the right direction! Your biggest obstacle is yourself. YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • robbiek20
    Options
    you should try go to a few fitness classes you will find yourself more motiveted and you will have alot more fun aswell
  • turbophoenix
    Options
    I'm always looking for new friends and accountability partners. Feel free to add me! :)
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Would love to have you join with me in our journey to better health and fitness.
  • proudtexan71
    proudtexan71 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Looks like we have quite a bit in common - sending friend request now. :smile:
  • kbolfing
    kbolfing Posts: 7
    Options
    I have a lot of weight to loose and would love to have a good support group. add me!
  • CaseyMichigan
    Options
    Thank you all for the friendship offers - I always feel as though friendship is a "two way street!" So I am here for you too! ;) Thank you!!! :)

Casey
  • DmansGirl86
    DmansGirl86 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me...I'm getting married in July, soooo close :) I need the help I can get, so therefore we can help each other :)
  • TrishJago
    TrishJago Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me, can always use some one to be accountable to!
  • tm247
    tm247 Posts: 1
    Options
    Would love the support! Counting down to a week at the beach in late May... bathing suit season is the absolute worst. We can do it!
  • _canuckrunner_
    _canuckrunner_ Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hi, I recently joined and am looking for accountability as well. Feel free to add me
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    I love the elliptical too! I started with 85 lbs to lose...Down 19 lbs so far. Every day is a struggle, but it's getting better. It really does help to feel accountable to other people!
  • mcrundle
    mcrundle Posts: 7
    Options
    Just joined yesterday. I also need someone to be accountable to. Put on 30 pounds after taking a desk job. I had never had one before and was unprepared for the negative health effects. Wish I was still young enough for a really physical job. I hope to stay motivated and to help you do the same.
    Cheers!
  • mcrundle
    mcrundle Posts: 7
    Options
    Way to go! 19 pounds! That's huge! Keep up the good work.