Healthiest store bought french fries?!

Options
megsybk
megsybk Posts: 27 Member
Is there such a thing?? If so, what are they?

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    If you were in Canada I'd say McCain but that's a bit of a drive for you......
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I make my own with potatoes or sweet potatoes. I'd say that is your best bet.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    French fries aren't healthy, period. If you have a craving, have a small portion of a good quality french fry (whatever you deem "best") that fits into your calorie goal. It will be more satisfying than a pseudo-healthy french fry.
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    French fries aren't healthy, period. If you have a craving, have a small portion of a good quality french fry (whatever you deem "best") that fits into your calorie goal. It will be more satisfying than a pseudo-healthy french fry.
    People keep saying certain oils are "healthy" and "potatoes" are healthy, so why could a french fry not be "healthy"?

Look for ones without trans fats, maybe in the natural/organic freezer section of your grocery store.
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Alexia brand sweet potato fries. All natural, no trans fats, and if you stick with the portion size they can definitely be part of a healthy diet. The crinkle cut fries are delicious! I find them in the health food section of my grocery store.
  • megsybk
    megsybk Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Alexia brand sweet potato fries. All natural, no trans fats, and if you stick with the portion size they can definitely be part of a healthy diet. The crinkle cut fries are delicious! I find them in the health food section of my grocery store.

I sent dbf to the grocery store tonight and that's exactly what he bought! He bought the sea salt and pepper ones, but I think i'd prefer just the regular sweet potato fries.

I'm curious though... in your experience, is the serving size really "30 fries"? I don't have a scale... i need one, I know! and on the bag it said "3 g or 30 fries" and that there are about 7 servings per bag.... 30 fries does not equal 7 servings though! After taking out 40, there was only about 1/2 (at the mos) to 1/4 of the bag left.... what has your experience been?
  • crystallayne
    crystallayne Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Really if you bake them any of the frozen fries are not that bad. Usually around 110 calories or so.
  • 412HeavyLifter
    412HeavyLifter Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    French fries are not bad for you. Its how they're prepared. Stick to the ones with no trans fats and try baking them with your favorite 0 calorie cooking spray. A diet full of restrictions never works long term.