Yet another BMR question (sorry)!

Options
I am so confused. I have read a LOT of threads about NETTING at least your BMR everyday... but then some say you should net your goal weight BMR and others say that you should net (at least) your current BMR everyday.

I have been following the MFP suggestion for me to lose 1.5 lbs per week--they say I should NET 1460 per day, which I do and I eat back EVERY BIT of my exercise calories. I have been steadily losing weight and inches--also losing fat % and gaining muscle % according to my scale... so I know this works for me.

Soooo, should I increase my calories so that I'm sure to at least NET my BMR... or my goal weight BMR? Everyone says that if you don't eat your BMR then your body has no way to get those calories in order to feed your organs etc... but, I'm overweight, I have a lot of fat stores that my body could feed off of to get whatever fuel it needs... so is that really true?

I don't want to lose weight the unhealthy way, but I also don't want to just eat more because I'm scared of not eating enough because my current NET caloric intake is working for me. Please, someone who knows more about this than I do, help :(

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• kris4chloe
    kris4chloe Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    my personal opinion is if you are losing at that amount of calories and are not hungry then i would just stick with what is working. chances are you are right around your bmr right now.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    What are your Goals? How old are you? Without more info, no one will be much help.

But in general, just set your goals conservatively, be honest, log everything, don't eat below your BMR. If you hit a stall, re-evaluate.
  • kimberlylane16
    kimberlylane16 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What are your Goals? How old are you? Without more info, no one will be much help.

But in general, just set your goals conservatively, be honest, log everything, don't eat below your BMR. If you hit a stall, re-evaluate.

Sorry, I should have included more details: Female, 5'7, 27yrs, CW:219, GW:155. I also try to eat wheat/gluten reduced--not totally wheat free, but I only eat it a couple times per week in small amounts.

I log everything--I have a food scale and I weigh/measure everything I eat/drink. Thanks!
  • kimberlylane16
    Options
    my personal opinion is if you are losing at that amount of calories and are not hungry then i would just stick with what is working. chances are you are right around your bmr right now.

Thanks for the input! I appreciate it :)
  • kimberlylane16
    Options
    Bump