How did you find MFP?

Options
cheshirequeen
cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
Mine was by accident. I got a new phone and was bored going through apps. I found one site and it wasn't good. Then I saw another app and got on here, posted, logged, and have loved it ever since. That was December 2010. How about you?

Replies

• w_i_n_d_y
    w_i_n_d_y Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    My gf introduced me to the site.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I blog. And one of the blogs I stalk regularly mentioned it. I signed up but didn't really get into the social aspect of it until about 6 months or so in. Now I'm hooked.
  • supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My ex boyfriend/lover/FWB told me about it. Told me it would really help shrink my *kitten*. What he didn't tell me was this place is like a meat market. Forever changed my life.

And he might read this and laugh at the description i just gave him.
  • guamSUPERgirl90
    Options
    I think I have an internet searching disorder... lol. Thats how I came upon this mighty MFP.
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    on Facebook, Skinny Oven page (i'm a "friend"). Thought I'd check it out and loved it!!!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Someone recommended it on my Weight Watcher blog when I mentioned I was struggling with the new program. I've been here ever since!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine "liked" it on Facebook. I hadn't heard of it before, so I clicked on the linkie, and was almost instantly hooked. I owe her one!
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    i was using everyday health and their journal-ing page. I was looking for one that i could keep track of stuff on my phone POOF here we are i stopped using the other one and LOVE this one soo much more
  • BlessedShauna777
    BlessedShauna777 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My sister. she was 200lbs and got down to 160lbs. i had to learn more! lol
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Mine was by accident. I got a new phone and was bored going through apps. I found one site and it wasn't good. Then I saw another app and got on here, posted, logged, and have loved it ever since. That was December 2010. How about you?

Pretty much the same. I wanted a phone app. I had previously joined spark, but the site was kludgy, especially the phone app.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i found the app and then the website :)
  • davitalynette
    davitalynette Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My friend recommended I join after I told her I was starting to keep a journal of my calories to lose weight! I'm eternally grateful :)
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    i was searching for something weightloss related (either calorie tracker or weight tracker) i dont really remember but i came across this site ... i have checked out many , but this site is so easy to use :heart: and now im hooked on the forums :bigsmile:
    i dont post much, but i read most post..lol
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Iphone app :-)
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Youtube, campbellfitness spoke of this website and how it works for keeping track of cal/macros.
  • Lindy901
    Lindy901 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    For me I used sparkpeople first, then went to livestrong.com and finally to MFP. I found it when I googled calories on a particular food I was looking for. I like MFP best.
  • girlwapp
    girlwapp Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My band director from high school and his wife used MFP, along with C25K, to lose something like a combined 180 lbs. I follow them on twitter so.... here I am...
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not a girlfriend told me and she does not even use it!!!!!!!!!
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    HauteP1nk pestered me until I switched to this site. Or at least that is the story I am telling.
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I was going to start counting calories on my own. I had a fresh notebook and everything! While on google trying to find the calories in some item I saw this site. I signed up and have been hooked ever since. I was already hooked, and then in January I got an iPhone and downloaded the app. Discovered a whole new love for MFP!