Calling all MFP's that eat to lose!!

Options
veromancha
veromancha Posts: 158 Member
This is about my ninth attempt to lose wieght! Growing up I was always the chubby girl topping the scale at about 200lbs! I lost 50 by eating smaller portions and joining the cross country team, and working out in my room to 30min videos. After two kids and earning a teaching credential my wieght slowly started to increase topping again at around 175-180! I tried wieght watchers but was introduced to MFP through a friend and joined about a year ago. I started losing pretty quick, however maintaining the 1200 calorie diary was very difficult and again stopped and my wieght started to slowly increase once again! I got desperate and went to the doctor to have my thyroid checked, I was frustrated and disappointed, I couldn't figure out how people could live and workout on only 1200 calories a day.
After turning 29 I decided to do a little more research and discovered message boards on this site were people eat to lose! Jackpot!!!!!!! After almost two months I've lost about 6-8 pounds and feel and look amazing!! (I will post pictures soon). My wieght loss on the scale is slow but I'm melting inches off my body and my clothes fit again!! I know I can sustain this lifestyle and be successful!!
Needless to say I'm looking for more friends that have had success with eating a well balanced high calorie diet! Please add me!! I want more friends that share this lifestyle! I'm a great friend! And I love to motivate!!

Replies

• marujita
    marujita Posts: 53
    Options
    By eat to lose, do you mean that you eat all of your exercise calories? I also am starting at 170, (I'm also a teacher with two kids) and I lost 30 pounds using MFP then gained it back after a hectic time in my life. Now I don't remember what I did the first time around... I think I ate some of my exercise calories. So what is your method? How many calories do you eat and how many do you burn? I feel like it's also so crucial for me to start doing some weights also. Do you do that?
  • veromancha
    Options
    By eat to lose, do you mean that you eat all of your exercise calories? I also am starting at 170, (I'm also a teacher with two kids) and I lost 30 pounds using MFP then gained it back after a hectic time in my life. Now I don't remember what I did the first time around... I think I ate some of my exercise calories. So what is your method? How many calories do you eat and how many do you burn? I feel like it's also so crucial for me to start doing some weights also. Do you do that?

I increased my daily calories to 1400 ( which I might increase again this week to 1500) and yes I love to workout so that I can eat my calories back, I'm averaging about 2,000 calories a day! I no longer feel deprived or hungry! And look forward to working out so I can eat more!
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Yep

One of the coolest things about weight loss so far has been finding out that you're expected to eat in order to lose weight.

Best.

Diet.

Ever!
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Your success story is motivating to me!
    I can't live on 1200 cals either..well I can do it for short teeny periods of time..but I discovered it won't be sustainable for me long term so I am eating more too, I hope I have your success!!!
    Can't wait to see those success photo's!
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Congratulations! You KNOW I am happy to hear this story! You are very inspirational and I'm so glad that you are happy losing weight and eating MORE!

Food is fuel, and I love how more food has lit your metabolism en fuego! :wink:
  • ImRadical4Jesus
    ImRadical4Jesus Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I love to hear that more & more people are "getting it" that eating is good and that dieting does not have to mean starvation. I feel so sad when I see so many people (mostly women it seems) trying to live off 1200 calories a day. It doesn't have to be that way. I proudly announce to anyone willing to listen that I eat anywhere from 2000-2800 calories a day and I'm seeing the lower #s I've ever seen on the scale. Yay for you and yay for more food!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I currently weigh 165.5....I'm 5'7". I would like to lose...but wouldn't be depressed if I didn't lose weight. I would rather have a lower bf % and inches gone.

I am lifting heavy 3 days a week and shooting for 1-2 days of cardio.

I eat ~1630 cals per day.
  • veromancha
    Options
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    Yep

One of the coolest things about weight loss so far has been finding out that you're expected to eat in order to lose weight.

Best.

Diet.

Ever!

This!!!!

It's great to feel like I finally have control over what I eat, I just don't have to worry about it anymore and can concentrate on getting fit as I have much more energy now : )
  • 3mmalou16
    3mmalou16 Posts: 27
    Options
    i just upped my calorie intake from 1200 to 1500 yesterday! i exercise 3-5 times a week and just wasnt seeing the results i was expecting, im now hoping that by upping my calories its what my body needs! i never normally have time to sit and read through some of the topics posted, but ive learnt so much the last few days by doing so :smile:
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I started losing pretty quick, however maintaining the 1200 calorie diary was very difficult and again stopped and my wieght started to slowly increase once again! I got desperate and went to the doctor to have my thyroid checked, I was frustrated and disappointed, I couldn't figure out how people could live and workout on only 1200 calories a day.
    After almost two months I've lost about 6-8 pounds. My wieght loss on the scale is slow but I'm melting inches off my body and my clothes fit again!! I know I can sustain this lifestyle and be successful!!
    Needless to say I'm looking for more friends that have had success with eating a well balanced high calorie diet! Please add me!! I want more friends that share this lifestyle! I'm a great friend! And I love to motivate!!

This ^^. I've been on here for 12 weeks and I've lost about the same in lbs. But I didn't initially measure myself but i know I have definitely lost more inches than lbs! I forgot that my clothes were always 'tight' now they are loose.

I do cardio a minimum of 3 times a week but I too am hoping to introduce weights in the form of dumbells with Jillian Michael's 30DS and Kettlebell workouts.

Good luck with your journey. x
  • yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    awesome! I've been slowly upping my cals and try to net at least my BMR. All I know is that I don't want to gain it all back once I reach my goal or be skinny fat again! I want to lose fat and as little muscle as possible. It's been a slow process but I've been losing inches and more importantly improving my fitness. Also I've upped my exercise routine and it's making me more hungry! I used to be comfortable and ate well at that proverbial 1200 but now I just think that I need to fuel my body:)

still learning but anyone else who is doing this, feel free to add me too :smile:
  • acresfield
    acresfield Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

This sounds exactly where I was

I posted this a few days ago which will show you where I am now and how I arrived here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/548656-60-day-report-minor-physical-change-but-a-massive-mental-on

I ate more calories yesterday than I ever could have imagined that I would on a diet (3085) with a net of 2200! Still.. this week I have lost half an inch off my waist so Im hopeful that I am finally on the right track

Ian
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    This is almost my same situation!!! Thank you for being brave enough to post this!!!
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I am definitely one who eats to lose! As you said, I love working out because it gives me that much more food I can eat. I try to get as close to 0 as possible at the end of the day--I'd rather go over my calories by 10 than be under by 100.
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    bump
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Had pretty good success here. I started out just set at 1 lb per week loss. This means that for the first 30-40 lbs I was eating well over 1600 calories per day. My metabolism stayed so supercharged that I ended up dropping 2-3 pounds some weeks. I still eat at 1340 calories plus eat back my exercise calories and 1 yr later, I'm still consistenly losing weight. It works for me but I'm sure if the negative ones see this post you will get slammed. Let me just apologize for that in advance. It seems to be a hot button topic on here.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    i upped my cals from 1200 to 1400 about 6 weeks ago and i got out of my plateau and cruised for a bit! I am 5'1", work out 3x week usually, and CW is 150ish. I am contemplating going to 1500-1600 but not sure if i should!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!