New here...

Options
Just wanted to say hello..where can I find really good recipes in here????

Replies

• orangecrayon
    orangecrayon Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Under the message boards there is a recipe section. But here is a really good one anyway :)

This stuffed eggplant is so yummy!

(4 servings)

Ingredients
    Progresso - Bread Crumbs - Plain, 1/2 cup
    Produce - Unpeeled, Medium Eggplant, 2
    Large Diced Tomato
    Mccormick - Oregano Leaves, 1/8 tsp
    Garlic, 2 Cloves (I.E. 6 g) - Raw, 2 tsp
    Athenos - Reduced Fat Feta Cheese- Crumbled, 3/4 cup
    Spices - Salt, table, 0.25 tsp

Preheat oven to 400°.

Score cut side of each eggplant half by making 4 crosswise cuts. Place the eggplant halves, cut sides down, on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven; cool on pan 10 minutes. Carefully remove pulp, leaving a 1/3-inch-thick shell; reserve eggplant shells. Chop pulp.
    Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
    Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Stir in the chopped eggplant, tomato, oregano, and garlic; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover and cook 5 minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in cheese, salt, (and black pepper if you wish - my family just doesn't like it so I add mine separately). Stuff each eggplant shell with about 1/2 cup eggplant mixture; sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture. Place on a baking sheet; bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated and lightly browned.

Totals per serving:

Calories: 176
    Carbs: 29
    Fat: 8
    Protein: 8
    Sugar: 1
    Sodium: 569

I love to cook! Do you? (I'm looking for people here on MFP that love to cook as much as I do.) I hope this is the type of recipe you're searching for! If not, I have some simpler ones, some casseroles, a killer vegetable lasagna, etc. Feel free to add me--same for anyone! (I'm hoping I can somehow get recipes up on here!)
  • kovoo32
    kovoo32 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    hi, just joined today, i needed to try something differant!
  • johnallen12
    johnallen12 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Instead of finding recipes here, I use the American Heart Association cookbook, or sometimes I just look to see what we have on hand, type that into a google search with the word "recipe" and I usually get several great options, some, even, with nutrition info. The AHA cookbook is good, though, and has all the nutrition information you'd need to make good choices.
  • colreee
    colreee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! Just joined here as well. Recommended by a good friend of mine. Feel free to add me! Trying to get in better shape for my sister's wedding, but all in all, an overhaul is LONG overdue!
  • musclefat2k
    musclefat2k Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Welcome welcome!! Make it your own and Enjoy your process!!