T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) TEAM - Week 28

Options
Happy Weigh In Day!

I repeat, it not about the pounds we lose but the lessons we learn about ourselves and our bodies while trying to become healthy!!!!!!!!!

Team members please add your thoughts to start the week.

My Challenge: What fitness activity would you choose when you reach your goal weight? I want to take a canoe trip with my husband. We both love canoeing but are too out of shape to enjoy it very much. Something to work towards. (adopt4 - I love Xweighted too)

healthymom - sw208 gw250 cw172 no change

Replies

• indianagranny
    Options
    Buttonnose -SW 200 CW 192.4 GW 140 - lost 4 lbs

These are Buttonnose's numbers - she left on vacation yesterday
  • indianagranny
    Options
    I am still up 3 pounds from where I should be - TOM arrives this week again so water weight - too much sodium but I am working on it.

Thanks Healthymom for starting the thread
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Crazybee -sw 273.3 gw 175 cw 252 l lost 1.5lbs

On my way to work but I had to check in. I am amazed but I lost. Have a great weekend. Love you all and good luck.
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Options
    indiana - still up 3 pounds from where I should be
    Lorann - SW 285 / GW 145 / CW 238.5 = lost 3.5 lbs

Woohooo I'm into the 230's ... never thought I would see those numbers!!! It's been a weird week for me... I didn't log anything all week and the only exercise I did was a couple days at the beach, yet I actually lost 3.5 lbs. But I did watch the eating and drank my water ... maybe in a couple more months I won't have to log anything at all :smile: This next week I will get back to logging everthing and making sure I do my walking and hopefully if this weather clears up I can spend some more time at the beach.

Did my measurements yesterday and so far here are the results :smile:
    May 6/09 August 13/09
    Waist 53" 44" - 9"
    Bust 54.5" 47" - 7.5
    Hips 56.5" 50" - 6.5"
    For a total of 23 inches lost in just over 3 months!! I am just sooo amazed!! (that's not including the few inches I've lost on the legs and arms)

My fitness activity I would like is to play baseball next summer and be able to run the bases without huffing and puffing, also I want to swim at the pool and not feel so self conscious. That is what I am working towards!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    adopt4 - sw 273/gw 165/cw 230.5 - down 2 pounds from last week but still up 2 from last month

I want to ride in RAGBRAI if they still have it - that's a bike ride across Iowa. I've had friends who did it and say its a lot of fun. I also want to take some sort of dance class to make myself more "graceful", KWIM?

Getting back into the swing of it, have had some junk food and eating over my allotted calories so not losing as much as I should. But as long as I stay at maintenance or below, I'm ok with that.

Went out by myself last night after all the "men" were in bed, and did some clothes window shopping. Don't want to buy anything when I'm so close to losing a size, don't want to spend the money for something I can't wear right now. Yesterday was cool so I finally got to wear the jeans I bought earlier in the year, although they're a size too big, they still fit ok.

Lorann, great job!! WOW!! You've lost over 2 feet of fat!! That is amazing!! Good for you! Doing the happy dance with ya!

You're right where I am, I might need to step up my game to stay ahead of you! How tall are you, BTW?
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    adopt4 - sw 273/gw 165/cw 230.5 - down 2 pounds from last week but still up 2 from last month
    Losingit4good- SW 252/ GW 175/ CW 212.8 = lost 1.5lbs

Pretty happy! I remembered it was weigh in day when I woke up this morning and was pretty happy to see that the scale had dropped. :)

As for future goals? Definitely to run a race with my daughter. She has ran Portland to Coast for the last 3 years and will be doing it again at the end of the month. In the past she has gone with another team, but this year as captain of her cross country team she made her own P2C team and got all her teammates to join her! Im volunteering to help for a day..hand out water.. direct traffic and Im super excited that I get to participate on some level even tho Im not running! P2C is for high school students, otherwise Id tell her to give me a few small legs in it.. :wink: The one for adults is Hood 2 Coast and I sure as heck aint ready to run 3 legs at 17 miles each! :laugh:

Also.. just for fun... I want to go up to Mount St Helens and so some more hiking with my camera in tow to some of the harder to reach places. Some of the things Ive seen...I want my own pictures of.
  • Lorann
    Options
    Adopt - I'm 5'6" ... you?
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    stillkristi - SW 480 / GW 195 / No change.

my active goal is to bike the white rim trail in Canyonlands National Park. Its a three day bike trip. Hope to do it next year some time. How is everyone? As I mentioned yesterday, no change for me. Today is the same - no change. Kind of a bummer, but I am feeling good and people are still commenting that I am looking better all the time, so I will just keep refining what I am doing and try to stay focused. Its a day by day process I guess. Good job Lorann!!!!!!!!! ANd all you other losers. Catch you later.
  • Buttonnose
    Options
    Well hello everyone ...still haven't made it to our cottage yet. Reservation isn't till tomorrow...so at a hotel right now and have internet access..yahoo. First - IndiannaGranny thanks for reporting in my numbers from yesterday. Don't have scale with me so don't know what I started out at this morning.

Currently we are in Chapleau, ON....coming here to check out a rock. LOL. Family story goes and Cindybee knows this that a couple of our great uncles died here in Chapleau as the family lived in a railway car and they were infants and froze to death. Now me being a genealogist has to naturally check this out...so here I am in the middle of Ontario - and must say a beautiful area. While driving here there was so many huge rock cuts and lakes that go on forever...just beautiful. Even seen a bear - cause he ran right out in front of our car. YIKES...was a tense moment.

Anyways...just wanted to check in on all my MFP friends...send hugs to you all. Going to take some pictures on way back down to our cottage as we have to go back down same road we came up...will post them on facebook for you all to see that have me on their facebook. For those who don't will have to get that one taken care of.

Well luv's ya's all...Lots of hugs. If I have internet at my cottage I will be on..but if not...will talk to you all in a week.

Hugs again...and YES I am drinking my water...:drinker:

Button
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    cyndeebee - SW 136 GW 115 CW 123.5 1/2 pound lost

Yes, button...Take lots of pictures. How will you find out, for sure, whether the rock is the burial place for our ancestors? Wow...I lived in Chapleau, quite a few years back. Never knew there was so much family history tied up in the place.

I just dropped my daughter off, for the weekend, with her brother and sister. So I'm free! Can do what I want, eat when I want, sleep when I want, redecorate if I want...
    It's almost overwhelming...you know?
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Pawprint- SW 168, GW 130, CW 159.6 = No change
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Adopt - I'm 5'6" ... you?
    5'7 or 5'6 depending on who's doing the measuring... your goal weight is 25 pounds less than mine, how did you come to that number? I thought 165 was pretty good but it may be too high... have to see when i get there.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Pawprint- SW 168, GW 130, CW 159.6 = No change
    lulubar-SW205, GW145, CW 184=No Change

Okay, lets see.... there are several things I look forward to doing when I am fit enough: kayak the Tchefuncte river, all 48 miles starting from the mouth at Ponchatrain lake; go snow skiing; and do the Susan G. Koman 3 day cancer walk. Those are my long term goals.

And Kristi - I am totally in agreement with you ~ I tweak this thing a little at a time. No big shocking changes all at once for me, just small minor adjustments as I go so that I barely even notice that I am making changes - but another six months from now and WOW! What a difference! At least that's how I feel about the last six months:)

Indiana ~ hope the job is going better and that you are having much less stress:heart:

Healthymom ~ thanks for the start! Love the challenge idea!

Buttonnose - have a great trip ~ be safe.

Crazybee ~ yayyyy.

Lorann, Adopt4 and LI4G ~ you are our biggest losers so far this week! WTG!!!

Cyndeebee ~ Are you feeling better? Enjoy your weekend going solo!

Pawprint~ I'm right there with ya on the "no change" - we'll get 'em next week!:bigsmile:

Later gaters!
    lulu:smokin:
  • Lorann
    Options
    I'm not locked into that goal weight ... but according to my BMI I should be between 120 and 148 .... I don't think I will want to be at 120 but if I get close to the 148 I will be happy ... also when I met my hubby I was around 160 and there was a lot of excess fat on me ... that's why I was going for around 145
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone...

Two more sleeps to go, until Britt comes home. I was trying to think of something INTERESTING to do, while she was away, and so far, all I've come up with is...housework. Once in awhile, I like to go through my house and do a "Martha Stewart." Cleaning, organizing, fussing...
    I have to go at it slowly, though, because I'm still not 100% recovered. Plus...It's really hot and humid here, these past few days. Energy draining. But I drink so much water that I lose count.

button...How are things in Chapleau? Beautiful area...Northern Ontario. Trees, lakes, rock cuts. I can't count the number of times I travelled that route, when I was married to my son's father. It was in the late 70s, early 80s, and we had a serious case of wanderlust. Good memories...

adopt4...I think the way you've set your goal is good. Achieve your initial goal...and then assess. I'm finding that my initial goal of 115 may be too low. It worked for me 10 years ago, but it may not work now. Instead of appearing slim, I may end up looking gaunt. I'll work my way down to 120 and decide then.

Back to my cleaning I go...
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Well good Afternoon Team.....

Yes its me the long lost Sheila!!!! I have been doing pretty well although i havent been posting I have been eating good lots of fruits and veggies :-) I spent 100.00 two weeks ago on fruits and veggies and another 60.00 this week!!! love my fresh fruit and veggies... I have been riding my bike in the mornings with my cousin still doing my 5 or 8 miles depends on the kids!!! but this past week i was having a flare up with my fibromyalgia and my ellbows were killing me i could barely use my arms so i didnt ride the bike this week at all... I went to the dr and got my shot on thurs and started feeling much better last night they are still a bit tender.. the dr said i am still retaining water and i should start taking my water pill again so lots of potty breaks today!!! *sigh*

I have really missed april since she has been gone and she was strugling so bad once she left... and i just wished she was closer so that i could help her... she has been my bff since 7th grade even though we lost contact for a while she has always been in my heart and my kids's heart... now she just needs not to stay gone so long... We all love and miss you since you have gone home... XOOXOXOX

I must say i have missed my MFP team... You all are in my heart and thoughts all the time... I have grown closer to a few of you over the past months on FB... I have really liked chating and hanging out on the internet with you...

LuLu - I have missed you since i have been away and ty for what you said about me a couple of weeks ago!!! I try my hardest to make everyone happy... and I love to help people as much as i can...

Kristi - I have missed you as well but havent really chated to much on FB hope all is well I see you have set you a new goal... good luck and stay focused and you will do great...

anyway... I will be popping in and out... I have been doing good on my eatting!!! so thats a good thing!!! well will post more later... have a great weekend and remember I am lurking in the distance... you can always catch me on FB...

HUGS

Sheila
  • losingweightforme
    Options
    Hey gang
    just log in to post right now and say I changed my user name so this is me now - Lisa Wilson. Got a lot going on and thought I would share this. Also deleted my facebook account - on my way now to set up a new one so I hope u all will accept me back as your friends.
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I added you Lisa. Hope things go better for you.

It wa nice to meet you yesterday Adopt. Your kids are beautiful! Wish we had had more time together.

Cyndeebee I hope you did something for you and not just clean this weekend.
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    Options
    I'm back from my travels and ready to get back to work. I start back this week with meetings and then kids next week. I'm looking forward to the ruteen and encorperating all the stuff I have worked on this summer into the school schedual. I'll post this friday and let you all know where I'm at.

manda
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    What an exhausting day today was!

Spent time chewing *kitten* at the gym again, this time threatening to sue the bejeezus out of them if they dont resolve the billing issues with my membership. Im about to cancel them and go to 24hr fitness since I get an employee discount there and its just as far away.

On a sad note, and also the reason I am totally exhausted....Morgolis found out that a good friend of his is dying of cancer. Its her 2nd round of it and her husband says she has maybe a week left. They live in Texas and have a rental home here that they evicted the renters from on the 1st of August. Anyway...they asked us to go check it out and make a list of repairs that needs to get done so they can sell the home. We couldnt say no.. its the only way we feel like we can help them right now. Needless to say.. it doesnt look like the people who lived there knew what a broom, mop or vaccum was much less soap or water. The place is absolutely disgusting! holes in the walls, broken doors and broken windows...toys, games and crap everywhere! Theres even a dismantled swingset shoved into the crawlspace under the house.. I spent from 3:00- 7:00 over there just scrubbing the kitchen after unhooking the fridge, dishwasher and stove and when I left, I knew Id have to do it probably 10 more times before it even remotely becomes sanitary..:sick: HOW people can live in that kind of environment is SOOO wrong! The house is only about 7 years old and would be a VERY nice place if it had been taken care of. We will have to replace carpets and repaint the whole inside, replace bathroom fixtures, the dishwasher and have the lot relandscaped. Also, For someone who owned 2 lawnmowers, a rototiller and all this cute garden stuff (all of which they left behind)..it looks like they never touched that yard with it and its not a big lot.....ROFL!

Anyway..thats been my day...tomorrow I am off from work and plan to relax! Im getting a pedicure and a hair cut for a change! :bigsmile: