How do I move past hurdle in training my body to run??

Options
Months back I started the Couch to 5K Program and got half way through week 3 when I sprained my ankle. I took a little time off to heal and then started again at week 2. I completed week 2 and week 3 (twice) but ended up having surgery that required me not to exercise for 6 weeks. Today I did day 2 of week 3, but I still don't feel that I'll be ready to move to week 4 next week. Running 3 minutes straight still feels difficult to me, so how will I be able to run 5 minutes straight? How do I mentally push myself to run 5 minutes straight? I try to mentally motivate myself, but I just can't get past the 3 minutes. Should I stay at week 3 for a couple weeks to increase my lung capacity (I was a smoker for 9 years and have quit off and on this year, currently on day 7 of no smoking), or should I force myself to attempt week 4?

Replies

• jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    if i were you i lwould try one more week with the one youve done already and if you feel this week you can go and extra 30 secnds or minute try it. even if its 30 seconds its 30 seconds closer to 5 min.
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    where do you get your smoke free tickers I need to quit
  • Dedicated
    Dedicated Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    where do you get your smoke free tickers I need to quit

http://www.smokefreequitmeter.com/