Why do you like to workout

Options
There are some people who are naturally in love with working out and some who just like to sit and relax (an artist here...love to relax and spend time with my sketches lol). But I'm curious, how do you come to enjoy exercising? :) Is it the adrenaline? What motivates you to work out AND enjoy it at the same time?

Replies

• jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I like the way I feel after weight lifting. It's kind of a rush. If I'd known it was going to do that I would have started doing this a long time ago. Letting out some pent up aggression on some weights is always good too. What keeps me going back is knowing that I'm going to lift more every time I go.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Some days NOTHING motivates me. I have to motivate myself. But once I'm out there, in the fresh air with the wind in my face - that is what motivates and energises me.
  • Skeen903
    Skeen903 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I love knowing that I am doing good things for my body when I am working out. I'm not just exercising to be thin; I am exercising for a healthier me.
  • lschuttem
    lschuttem Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i love the way my *kitten* is starting to look. i'll admit it; i'm sort of falling in love with my own *kitten*. Its perky and firm and muscely and awesome.
    so i dont plan on giving up the gym anytime soon.
  • donnaferraiuolo
    donnaferraiuolo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    it makes me feel good mentally and gives me lots of energy....
  • orangecrayon
    orangecrayon Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Honestly? I am a lazy bum by nature! Getting myself into a workout routine has been the fact that it has been a routine! I do Zumba twice a week, have a lot of random dance parties in my room, and am not afraid to admit that I hate to run. My motivation is not feeling exhausted afterward, but almost feeling like I've woken my body up. I like that feeling. I don't always enjoy exercising, but I know that if I don't make a habit of it I'll stop and that will just lead to a downward spiral.
    So, like you, I love to sit and relax. But I would do 45 minute workouts maybe 3 times a week. Your body will eventually get used to it, and it's good for you. Bonus? There's bound to be a few cute guys at the gym!
  • sheppuh
    sheppuh Posts: 39
    Options
    I used to really hate going to exercise. It's hard to motivate yourself to go do something that's painful and boring haha.
    But once you make a habit of it it's an integral part of your daily routine and you don't really feel right without doing it.
    ANYWYAY. I really like it because of the endorphins, the fact that it allows me to challenge myself daily in a competitive capacity, and I know that hard work absolutely pays off.
  • trac3
    trac3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I need the mental break as well as the physical release ~ I just feel more grounded and calm afterward! Gets rid of my stress!!!:smile:

edited to say I certainly didn't start out liking exercise ~ it took about a good 5 months before I even remotely *liked* it lol..... It becomes routine and your body craves it after a while. Kind of like brushing your teeth ~ you don't *have* to, but ewwww....make sense?:tongue::laugh:
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    mostly, because I know it helps - both short term and long term. but, some nights? so I can eat more.
  • NamsdnaL
    NamsdnaL Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It's simple for me I like the way I feel after physically and mentally.
  • M1chelles5
    M1chelles5 Posts: 107
    Options
    it makes me feel good mentally and gives me lots of energy....

^^^This! I'm may drag myself to workout but when I'm done I feel great. Plus, it sets my mood for the rest of the day (usually).
  • femmi1120
    femmi1120 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'm not crazy about working out, but sometimes, I get this endorphin high that makes me feel like I can do anything. It's funny because even when I'm stressed to the max, when the workout endorphins kick in, I feel on top of everything, like I have it all together.

It doesn't always happen, but I always look forward to working out in the hopes that I'll get it :)
  • littledeak
    littledeak Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I feel good. I have energy to last all day. I work, play, and sleep better. Exercise rocks!
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    What I found... is that as I have continued to release the pounds, I started to see all the physcial things about my body that I didn't like... but when I work out and just in general now -- I love (LOVE) what my body can physically do!

I love working out... I like the sweat of knowing I worked hard... I like to see how strong I am becoming... I like that it enabled me to climb a volcano crater... I like the results... I like the stress relief... I love getting lost in the music and just going...

So... for me, it's easy to find the motivation... it's harder to take time away!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i've always loved working out and i'm sure the only reason why i started out 80 pounds overweight instead of 160 pounds overweight is because i regularly worked out. some reasons why i love it

- i like challenging myself and being able to see progress. so if i know a few months ago my max weight was a certain amount and now a few months later i'm doing reps at that weight, i fistbump myself.

- i like the benefits it gives my health and body
    - i have tons of energy
    - endorphins!!!
    - the gym is the one place i can go in public, not give a crap about how i look, be ridiculously sweaty and not be looked at like i'm crazy. heck i might even get hit on.
    - bragging rights. at one point i got to the stage where i could do 5 unassisted chin ups AND i was a fatter person at that point, so BOOM
    - sore muscles make me feel like a bad *kitten*
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    mostly, because I know it helps - both short term and long term. but, some nights? so I can eat more.

^^Ditto, except I work out in the morning. :laugh:
  • megan1869
    megan1869 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the way I feel after working out. I like to feel sore. I like being drenched in swear. I like to feel like I deserve my shower. And to be perfectly honest I LOVE that people have been noticing the changes in my appearance - Its nice to hear WOW your losing a lot of weight or you look really different.....
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Because I like to eat. :) (not trolling, honest answer)
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I love to get outside, smell the sweet evening air. The sense of achievement you feel when you follow through on your goals.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Because I like to eat. :) (not trolling, honest answer)

+1 but........

Running, when I first started was a chore, now it's a pleasure, almost a form of moving meditation. I get to clear the mental cobwebs and do something good for my body at the same time.

Strength training is still a bit of a chore; while I may have to push myself to get going I've never regretted the workout - I feel amazing afterwards. Don't know if it's a hit of endorphins or just a sense of accomplishment but it feels good & I'll have lots of time to relax when I'm dead.